Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Default Couple of questions about adding npc's

I have finnally gotten npc's to stay in the zone after reboot, death, etc. However there is a couple of problems I am having.

1. When I attack a npc and then run away, they do not chase me. The mobs that was allready put together in the database chase you just fine, just the ones I make do not.

2. How do you face them a different direction, all of them face the same way.

3. How do you get a added npc to use a loot table? I have edited a loot table for a certain set of mobs to use useing eqemu admin. However when I try to set the npc's to use it, they won't accept it. I can change the npc's that was allready in the database, but not the ones I created.

All of the mobs I created I did by useing the #spawn and then #npcspawn create commands.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:12 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
1. When I attack a npc and then run away, they do not chase me. The mobs that was allready put together in the database chase you just fine, just the ones I make do not.
You have to set their runspeed and walkspeed to something. 0 means they are perma-rooted.

Quote:
2. How do you face them a different direction, all of them face the same way.
Find the spawn2 entry for the npc and theres a field called 'heading' that determines which direction they face

Quote:
3. How do you get a added npc to use a loot table? I have edited a loot table for a certain set of mobs to use useing eqemu admin. However when I try to set the npc's to use it, they won't accept it. I can change the npc's that was allready in the database, but not the ones I created.
In the npc_types table there's a field called 'loottable_id' change this for that particular npc.