Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Uleat
Developer

Default Two Separate Issues..

Hey guys..

I have two issues that are indepedent of each other and can't tell if one has been fixed in an update...

I'm running a 32-bit solo server on xp with me (berserker) and a 5-bot party (rogue, bard, enchanter, druid and cleric.)

First: Before the bot stance implentation, I seem to remember my bards twisting 3-4 combat buff songs. Nowadays, my current bard only seems to cast the same clarity song in and out of combat. I occasionally see other songs, but not often. Was this ever an issue with anyone? This could be related to my next issue, but I wanted to ask this first. (btw, I have adjusted his stance between 1 and 4 with no differences.)

Second: My current working server config is circa rev ~2133. I built it using VS10 and perl 5.12 on a 32-bit os. I know this isn't a currently supported configuration, but it does appear to work (mostly.) However, when I upgraded to the last revision (2142), I seem to be getting booted after I select my character. The build was fine, but the logs do show the perl entry point change messages. Any ideas what recent changes might be causing this boot? (I am receiving an unknown client command forcing the disconnect. Should I try rebuilding the login server?)

Since this is a 'test' configuration I don't want anyone to waste their time researching this, but if you happen to know off the top of your head what might be causing these issues...

Thanks!
U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Uleat
Developer

Bard issue not resolved, but not as bad with leveling and zoning... I haven't fully gone over the bot code to see what's going there... However, bard haste seems to only come in during the last 25-30% of a fight. If the battle is less than 30 seconds, I usually don't see it at all.

With the rev 2142 issue, the only time I remember seeing the unknown command was with outdated opcode files... I always copy my opcodes in addition to the build files. (I shouldn't have to source in the 2142 update from the trunk since the peq db is 2142, should I? Only anything newer..?)

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Crashing on character select might mean that you missed a DB update. If using PEQ, make sure you source the appropriate files in the updates folder.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 AM
bad_captain
Developer

I tweaked bards last night and got a much better result. I had lumped them in with hybrids when I coded stances, so their cast chances were off. I have a couple other things to finalize, then I will commit it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

I appreciate the info guys! I'm going to have to revert back to perl 5.10 so I can compile the new revision. I had wanted to look into the differences between 5.10 and 5.12 for 32-bit builds, but my head has not been into it the past few weeks...

Anyways, I wasn't sure if my test configuration was causing the behavior or if it was something else. Thanks for the update!

Cavedude, on my other thread about perl 5.xx changes, you had mentioned that you had a test box running 32-bit and perl 5.12. Have you tried updating it to the 2142 server yet? I had been able to build this with earlier revisions with no game engine issues, but some revision after 2133 seems to be causing the drop after character select. I can't see the perl version issue dumping the client without at least crashing the zone server. I'll try compiling a debug version of 2133/5.12 and see if I can get some additional info.

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 PM
sorvani
Dragon

my test server is built using VS2010 pro, perl 5.12 and is running the current SVN. If your results are different you are missing something. I have also built it with VS2008 pro with the same results.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Perl isn't your problem, 5.12 works fine. 5.14 is the version that causes trouble with EQEmu. Yes, I'm running 2142 with Perl 5.12, I committed that revision :P

You're likely missing the extended targetting window update, which updates character_. Without it, you won't get passed character select. If using PEQ, you'll want to source in updates/Rev2142.sql, in addition to the contents of the .gz file.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Uleat
Developer

I swear if my head wasn't attached...

Thanks cavedude! That was it exactly. (note to self: make a list of..oh crap! what was I doing again??)

U

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Bards should now be fixed. Please let me know if you are still having issues.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:08 AM
Uleat
Developer

Definitely better! The (eq) game devs should have taken cues from you (all devs included!)

I'd hate to think what mobs would be like if they used the bot ai

U

Compilin' Dirty