Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-11-2004, 04:52 PM
cyberstormx
Fire Beetle

Default Spell Casting Delay

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but when I try to cast DoT spells (Sk, necro tested) there is approximately a 2 second delay before the DoT actually lands on the mob or NPC. DD spells, however, land immediately after the set cast time. This problem was last seen on a 5.7 DR2 server.

If anyone has any information concerning this, it would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:09 PM
ndnet
Hill Giant

What do you mean the landing of it? Where is the delay occuring?

After the casting meter runs out and...

before the text appears on your screen?

before you see the pulse of damage taken by the creature?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:05 PM
cyberstormx
Fire Beetle

The delay is occuring right after the cast timer finishes... meaning i am not seeing a spell message, i.e a NPC is hit by this spell, or any pulses of damage in the case of DoTs for 2 or more seconds after the set cast time.

Spells used w/ delay:

SK 61: Festering Darkness
SK 62: Bond of Death
SK 64: Invoke Death
SK 65: Touch of Innoruk(lifetap)

The weird thing is that when i cast my poison dot (blood of hate, SK63) it seems to be regular timing, cast bar followed by immediate dot result on mob.

In the case of my pet spell: Invoke Death, I will let the cast timer run out and wait about 3 seconds before a pet appears before me.

Also note that there was zero packletloss / and no video/sound lag. (EQwindow used running the eq client, particle / spell effects turned off. )
Old 05-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Charmy
Discordant

I was having this issue too, however i had huge spell haste items on, so i thought perhaps spell haste wasn't implimented yet, but no i get the same issue, ranger DD spells (lvl 65 GoD DD) had a 2-3 second delay before the spell hit... hmm..
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 06-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Eondiil
Fire Beetle

Pretty sure this bug is dealing with AA Spell Quickening and Spell Haste items. For some reason the items cut the spell bar but not the actually casting time. And its the same with AA spell quickening, like enchanters get one that cuts buf time in half, but with my Emu Chanter it cutts the bar in half but I still have to sit there and wait the full time.