Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Name for Guildwar type server..
Expropriation 5 11.11%
Brotherhood's Clash 2 4.44%
Clan's Diffusion 1 2.22%
Tribal Occupations 3 6.67%
Moonlight Requisition 5 11.11%
Defiance of Harmony 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2004, 11:11 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Default New server w/ Guildwars platform.

We have began coding a new server which will use the guildwars source and gameplay... We estimate the server will reach a playable beta phase in 2 months... We are still working on such details but the server will run on a dedicated OC3 connection, and most likely an computer with 1 gig of ram and a 3ghz+ processor...

Its still in its early stages but I need to know what you guys think for some names...

For those of you who do not know, guilds can take over cities and get points while they hold those cities, you also get points for killing members of opposing guilds... Those points are used to purchase items, etc....

Either way, vote for the name you like best and if you have any good suggestions post em

**EDIT: We have chosen on Defiance of Harmony, you can still vote but is pretty obvious that its the winner. The website has been designed and launched and can be seen at:

http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com

Thanks
-UrbelT
Old 12-26-2004, 09:31 PM
UGroup
Fire Beetle

Ehh, not a good idea. Image and Devnoob would not like that. Richardo was going to redo guildwars but image and dev asked him not to. But maybe you and Richardo shout get together and make it even better, I love richardo's idea, its very nice with his new zones...

And like, his server is green so you would have a green server if you got with him lol. But the only reason I say this is, he has a awesome looking serv and like, he has no deticated box.
Old 12-26-2004, 09:47 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Ehh, not a good idea. Image and Devnoob would not like that.

Image made GuildWars Code and DB open source, and stated in IRC just this past weekend anyone can use it, and even liked the code for it.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:12 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Image made GuildWars Code and DB open source, and stated in IRC just this past weekend anyone can use it, and even liked the code for it.
They published the DB also? Where can I find it? I only found the source code... I was not aware the DB was released as well...

-UrbelT
Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
mattmeck

my fault, he didnt put the DB out for the public, i just rember certain people getting it, guess they were special
Old 12-26-2004, 10:36 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Default Well in that case..

Ahh, ok well if anyone is able to find the actual guildwars DB and send it to me, I would be willing to pay a finder's fee to whoever gets it to me, PM me if you have it..

-UrbelT
Old 12-26-2004, 11:11 PM
UGroup
Fire Beetle

I stick with my original statement
Old 12-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Ugroup: Still, this thread is about the name of the server, not the server. I'm sure many people would like this server.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:20 PM
UGroup
Fire Beetle

yea yea, im just putting my comments in...
Old 12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Default hmm, image..

I just got an e-mail back from image, I told him about the project and he directed me to a source that may still have the DB.. so, UGroup, your comments seems like you really have no clue... but whatever no need to start any flame..

-UrbelT
Old 12-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Richardo
Banned

Default Re: hmm, image..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbelT
I just got an e-mail back from image, I told him about the project and he directed me to a source that may still have the DB.. so, UGroup, your comments seems like you really have no clue... but whatever no need to start any flame..

-UrbelT
Urbelt- im pretty sure Ugroup is right...
Old 12-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Don't listen to Richardo.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Richardo
Banned

I talked to image, he will not like the idea of re-creating guildwars, however another project is ok imo... but maybe you should'nt state that you are copying GuildWars.. I already am doing that with my server World of War... har har har... :lol:
Old 12-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Burnfist
Fire Beetle

Call it '' Burnfist Pwnz Joo Fagz @ PvP Server of ÐØØM ''

Really nice game

As a side note, for Richy:
*Kazgoroth hugs Rich for making a 1337 PvP Server*
Im mainly playing WoW But who cares ill drop by every once ine a while but i wont WTF powerplay like on LOTR :( i liked being at teh top of teh game
Old 12-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Richardo
Banned

, woots another LoTR fan.. I rox!

Nice to see you again anyhow Kaz, you gnomish bastard