Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

Default Scribespell

How do you make the quest scribe all the spells for the user?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
thedark2004
Fire Beetle

quest::scribespells(65);

From "Final Fantasy 7"

What Video Game Villain Are You?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:24 PM
hypershadow66
Banned

yeah i found it i searched after i posted and it showed it, thanks tho
Old 08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

btw...implemented it so it will scribe spells up to user lvl.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:28 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

that would be quest::scribespell() yes?
Old 08-04-2004, 02:30 AM
Cripp
Discordant

wouldnt this work too? quest::scribespell($ulevel);

www.nugblazers.com
Old 08-04-2004, 04:19 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

syntax is quest::scribespells();,doingquest::scribespells($u level); won't make anything,unless you change the code.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:14 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I am haveing some trouble with this quest. I did a direct cut and past from the above post and added it to my own quest. First thing I noticed is when you hail the mob Spells_Wizard she automatically says both parts of the quest. I have double checked it and can't see any reason she should say the quest section spells without the player actually saying spells? Anyways here is what the text reads, hopefully it won't look to sloppy in the forum:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in haveing your [spells] scribed?");}
if ($text=~ /spells/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your troubles $name. As promised here is your spells.");
quest::exp(25);}
}
Old 08-06-2004, 06:54 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in haveing your [spells] scribed?");}
if ($text=~ /spells/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your troubles $name. As promised here is your spells.");
quest::exp(25);}
}
hmm. very strange. i don't see anything wrong. except for some mispellings. Which you might want to work out before putting this on a live server =)

Code:
haveing = having

Code:
Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.
there = their

Code:
 As promised here is your spells.
here *are your spells.

But as far as the scribespells() command. passing a lvl through it won't do anything according to what Cofruben said. It simply scribes all spells for whatever level you are. So if you are lvl 5 and use it. youll have all spells up to lvl 5. ... not to 65. This is what cofruben seems to have said a few posts up. Never used it myself.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:05 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Yea I probably got alot of mispells in there, been adding alot of quests lately, mainly looking to just get them to work before checking the spellings, etc. I will try taking the number out and see how it does. But yea when you turn that item in she just does nothing at all. I put that experience in there to see if it was doing anything under the item turn in event. I also can't figure out why she displays the text after the quest for spells either. I guess I will go in and delete her from the database and spawn a new one and try again. I will try taking out the numbers first see what happens, then if that dont' work will just make a new mob and see what happens. If that don't work I guess I will just cry.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Charmy
Discordant

LoL ok here is your problem

Hail SPELLS_Wizard

you are saying Hail and Spells in the same sentence =) so its activating both parts of the quest. Either you need to change the name of the mob, (give him/her a real name Jimmy CasterGuy, and in the lastname field in the database put Spells Wizard. that way when you hail the mob you won't be saying spells.) Or you can use a different word like [learn] instead of [spells]. You could also use a few of the operators to make it only activate when someone says spells by itself, but i find that people find the strangest ways to RP when they respond to the quests, so your best bet is to change it to a different word, or change the quests name.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 08-06-2004, 09:36 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

omg so obvious. can't beleive i didnt notice that =)
Old 08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

nice english class lol
Old 08-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofruben
nice english class lol
Heh confruben, and with that in mind I refer you to this.

Grammar > All.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Richardo
Banned

Thanks for the ideas fellas