Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
merb
Sarnak

Default Quest Problems

Well, I'm at my wits end. My quests simply are not working. I've went down the list and checked off the obvious things, none of which have fixed my problem. I'm using build 5.8.7 of Active Perl, I have done the ppm thing (DBI, DBD-MySQL, IO-Stringy, all installed fine), I've tried #reloadpl and #repop numerous times, I've check to make sure the script itself was set up correctly (and I've even run it through the perl interpreter, no errors found), I have the check_hasitem, check_handin, guildmasters, and soulbinders plugins in my Emu directory, I've tried naming the quest script by both the NPC name and ID, and the only other possible hint towards a quest problem I could find is this:

Code:
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:ClearTempMerchantlist'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:ClearTempMerchantlist
With all of those errors, I figured at least one involves quests, which is why mine won't work, but I have no idea how to fix it... Does anybody have any suggestions before I explode?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

I think those errors refer to a rule being in your database that the code does not have defined. If you download the latest code from the SVN they should go away. However, that should not effect your quests.

You probably already checked this but... are your quests in the quests folder? not under quests\quests\
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM
merb
Sarnak

I always have 2 copies of a quest, and it has never broken them before. The two folders for my quests are:

EQEmu\quests\<zonename>

and

ax_classic_db\quests_ax_classic\<zonename>

Do I need to rename the "quests_ax_classic" to just "quests like the previous folder?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

You have to insert the Task system rules into the database. It looks like maybe you didn't do all the required sql stuff when you got the latest version of the code. Make sure you do that. I'm running r89 and PEQ and it's working fine.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
merb
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
You have to insert the Task system rules into the database. It looks like maybe you didn't do all the required sql stuff when you got the latest version of the code. Make sure you do that. I'm running r89 and PEQ and it's working fine.
I took out all of the updates from the changelogs and compiled them into a single .sql file and sourced it. I'll try it again and see if I still get the errors and I'll see if that fixes it
Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I don't think these were actually in the changelogs but a file that Derision linked in the forums. Look in the task thread and you should find it.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 PM
merb
Sarnak

I'll give that a look but I ran the .sql file again and it gave me duplicates of everything, so I already did that. I also took a peek in the quests_ax_classic folder and read the "README_NOW" file. It says "These are the quests needed for the ax_classic and ax_peq database. If you don't use these quests, the database will not work right." and it's referencing to some quests that were in the folder by default.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Did you do this file?

SQL File
Old 10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Also, since I read your initial post, what are your log files saying? Do you have quest_debug files in your logs directory? Breack those open and see what they say.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Derision
Developer

As Rocker said, the errors in the initial post indicate that the binaries being used do not have the Task system in them, but the database has the rules for the task system. i.e. zone is reading the rules from the database, but because the version of zone predates the task system, it is complaining it doesn't know what to do with those rules. This would not cause any problems with quests, so the problem lies elsewhere.

This would indicate the binaries are not from the SVN but are version 1129 or below.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Code:
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem'
[10.10. - 17:05:07] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem
Seems to me that it is looking for the TaskSystem rules and can't find them?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Code:
Seems to me that it is looking for the TaskSystem rules and can't find them?
Well that is correct, but what is happening is it is reading the rule from the database in RuleManager::LoadRules, then calling RuleManager::SetRule, but because the zone binary doesn't have the Task rules compiled in (ruletypes.h), it can't find them, so 'Unable to find rule' means they are present in the database, but not present in the version of zone he is using.

E.g. Add a rule to the rule_values DB table, rule_name RandomRule : DoesntExist, rule_value false, boot your server and you will get the Unable to find rule/Unable to interpret rule errors.

Last edited by Derision; 10-16-2008 at 01:22 AM..
Old 10-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
Well that is correct, but what is happening is it is reading the rule from the database in RuleManager::LoadRules, then calling RuleManager::SetRule, but because the zone binary doesn't have the Task rules compiled in (ruletypes.h), it can't find them, so 'Unable to find rule' means they are present in the database, but not present in the version of zone he is using.

E.g. Add a rule to the rule_values DB table, rule_name RandomRule : DoesntExist, rule_value false, boot your server and you will get the Unable to find rule/Unable to interpret rule errors.
Ahhh. Gotcha. Makes sense....
Old 10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
merb
Sarnak

I am using version 1129 and I did what Rocker said to do with the code.

When I boot up my server, it still shows the "Unable to find" errors. Also when I tried to run the code in the Query browser, I kept getting errors (Unknown table, table already exists, etc.) but eventually they went away.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Also, since I read your initial post, what are your log files saying? Do you have quest_debug files in your logs directory? Break those open and see what they say.
Anything in the logs?