Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Highwind2
Fire Beetle

Default Question..

Is there a way to change a mob that has already been spawned without editing the database manually? Like, on one server, the orc pawns and fire beetles are too small, and need to be upped a few sizes. You #size them, #npcspawn create #npcspawn add? Tried that, but all it did was add a copy of that mob how I wanted it, or when guards are facing the wrong way, when I repop, the bad copy spawns, and so does the new copy....is there a command to fix this, or does it have to be fixed in the database? =x Im new to this whole spawn thing..
Old 03-26-2004, 12:28 AM
xtestx
Sarnak

Yeah also... One of my GM's spawned a mob named "PWNED" with about 99999999hp and around level 1000 or so... whatever level he was he was doing 20-40k dmg and is CT race and like size 2 :p I tried #npcspawn deleting and removing but neither worked. Anyone know whats wrong? Another thing is when I set npc's into a certain spot, #npcspawn create + add all is fine. Restart Server. Repop, and I either get a skeletal minion alone, a skeletal minion on top of the npc that is suppose to be there, 2 skeletal minions, , 2 of the npc I put there, or just nothing at all... *shrug*

And How do you do edit straight from the DB? I'm new to this and I figured you'd go into mysql\bin\data\eq and open up those files and change stuff around but all i see is a bunch of [ ]xyz123 {{} and stuff like that :p

Help Please

Talk to me over AIM too! Slythyr01
Or come to the server! Jikx's [In Development] Server --

*EDIT*

lolz, some more questions #findnpctype... yeah works n stuff... #dbspawn ... when i'm spawning some gods I will usually get their weak version like CT in PoFear and the CT PoTime version. I can never get the potime version to spawn.. and most of the time the weak version will spawn but sometimes neither of them spawn at all :\

#dbspawn2 ? "#dbspawn2 spawngroup respawn variance"
how do i find a spawn group?

waypoint and grids... i looked all over and havnt been able to find anything useful to me on how to set up pathing or anything like that. if you have any info on doing so please come over to the server (Jikx's [In Development] Server) and help me out or talk to me over AIM (Slythyr01).

(just making sure)
its possible to setup a complete custom merchant correct? Like if I wanted to make a merchant sell "a rusty dagger" and a "Talisman of the Elements" theres a program I can use to edit something like that?
Old 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

In order to make the fire beetle bigger you will have to delete the original spawn (not sure of the command for this as I havent used anything like it), then restart your server... Now you can add an npc to that spot that is bigger by default... then you can just change the race of the npc to fire beetle and it should be around the same size as the model that you placed there.... In other words (you can practice this with your character), try targetting yourself and typeing #race xx (where number is any number you wouldlike to try ) and you will notice that if you were a halfling, lets say, and you chose to make your race a troll, you will be a very small troll... I hope this along the lines of what you were asking about.... Always remember that to get a permanent change of NPC's to save correctly you have to shutdown then restart your server.....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Highwind2
Fire Beetle

http://forums.eqemulator.net/viewtopic.php?t=7133

http://forums.eqemulator.net/viewtopic.php?t=7639

Jikx, these are some programs I found while searching through here, but didnt know an email I could send them to you, and I dont use AIM. :p One is to automatically add loot to mobs, the other is for getting NPCs to walk, even though its still in 'beta', ith as gotten good feedback.

I guess what I am mostly looking for, is how to delete a spawn, and then create the same one correctly. For example, almost all of the NPCs in Kelethin are facing the wrong way, is there a way to delete that spawn, then create it again in the CORRECT spot? I tried doing #npcspawn update, and #npcspawn create and #npcspawn add, but all I did was create another spawn of that mob. So for the Fire Beetles I have to delete that spawn, then create it again in its correct size? Is there a command to delete it, or does it have to be done manually in the database? Or better yet, fix it without having to delete the spawn? #npcspawn update told me it was updated, but everything went back to normal when the zone was repoped.

Ever think about getting a dedicated server Jikx? I never see your server up. :(
Old 03-27-2004, 05:37 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

If I'm not mistaken the mobs facing the wrong way, is a known issue that is in the code not in the DB... But I could be wrong.. So I wouldnt give up searching for the answer, but I would head over to the EQEMu developement forum and see what you can find out there.... Also you might try IRC, as most of the devs hang out there....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ