Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Agoz_
Fire Beetle

Default eqgame error

I can get into the eqgame client fine. I then select my server (guildwars2) and the next screen I get is an error screen saying, "eqgame has enountered an error and must close down," or something very similar to that.

It doesn't tell me anything else about the nature of the problem and there is no option for me to see the details of the problem.

I get this issue everytime I log in. I have tried rebooted. I have reinstalled and repatched 3 times only to get the same error.

I have been playing EQEmu for a few weeks now, this problem started out of no where. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:59 PM
invertedecho
Fire Beetle

Default re: eqgame error

I am also experiancing this problem.

I just started to play again today, EQ logged in fine the first few times, and then it froze during a zone.

Since then EQ either gives me a "eqgame has enountered an error and must close down" or it just dumps me straight back to the desktop after I select a server.

The best I can discern is that it probally has something to do with when EQ changes the window size ready to load the games resources. Does anyone have any insight?

Running:
WinXP
P4 2.6
256mb RAM (yeah, I know...but all luclin stuff is off, and it used to run with most of it on, and that was before a CPU/MB/Vid Card upgrade)
GeForce FX 5600

- InvertedEcho
Old 02-07-2004, 10:05 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Can you create a new char? if you can the first thing I would try is making a new char, and having a gm do a movechar for your other char. Not saying this is NOT a different problem, but this usually happens when trying to zone somewhere and the zone is either not up or some info on your client is not compatible with their server, so it crashes the client. That is just what I would do first.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Agoz_
Fire Beetle

We can't make new characters because we don't even make it to the character select screen. The error pops up after selective which server and hitting enter, before the load message that would lead to the character select screen.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:32 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Is this happening with all servers or just guildwars?

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-07-2004, 08:08 PM
invertedecho
Fire Beetle

I've have been trying to play on Winters Roar. I just tried a couple of the other servers and they worked fine, now I am really confused.

GuildWars works fine for me btw.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:41 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
I've have been trying to play on Winters Roar. I just tried a couple of the other servers and they worked fine, now I am really confused.
Winter's Roar requires that you put different files in your eq directory.. Check out thier website to learn more....

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 02-12-2004, 09:05 PM
invertedecho
Fire Beetle

I am aware of the different files needed for Winters Roar, I used to play there last time I got cravings for EQ . I have made sure they are up to date, and that still hasn't fixed the problem :\
Old 02-13-2004, 07:40 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

When you say you made sure they are up to date, what do you mean? You patched? If you did you are screwed unless you have a backup directory...

If you are able to play on GW just fine, then that means there is not a problem on your end. Though I would test this theory on GW Just to make sure. Because it sounds a lot like the amd/nvidia problem with EQ... Do you get an error message when the game crashes?

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ