Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
iamxcaliber
Fire Beetle

Default EMU and Raid Addict's review

Ok, so I read forums here a lot but never felt the need to post until now. I've played on lots of servers though this site and want to thank everyone for the amount of time and work they've put into each one. I've seen how working together on things can help more then one persons emu project. I think it's amazing that a game platform can do that on so many levels. Of course with that you also have competition ( kinda like guild wars in a way). So I'd just like to throw my 2 cents in and hopefully get the right message out.
After checking out 90% of the servers on the log in list I've found that anyone can get what there looking out of the game. Most progress pretty fast and are great to fill a few days. A select few you'd swear your on live except for gm support on the spot, and name like caveman. Which I find amazing in it's self.
However 1 server got my interest and I can't get enough. Not only is the content custom But the host and players are as well. I've been on KMRA Raidaddicts.org for around 3 years along with over a dozen players for it. I can't tell you exactly why but even after leaving to other servers and still testing new ones we call this one home. You'd think in 3 years It would get old, esp to a 37 year old male from New York; but thats not the case.
Now I'm not going to bash people or servers on emu because EMU is why there all here! Instead I'm going to thank-you all for the endless hours of fun I'm having every time I log in. Esp anyones that's helped with Raidaddicts past present or future! I know Mortenson won't bend for what he believes in and sometimes it can come off offensive, Hell maybe I play for the abuse in a sick way? Who know's but your all doing a hell of a job here and should all be Proud. IMO sony has the greatest resource's around thanks too all of you!
Anyone playing EMU looking for a place to get there game on should check out my favorite server. But be warned it is addictive like the name states....

Thanks again EMU staff and server hosts, you guys ROCK!
Dickyj
(muffinbut)
Old 10-17-2008, 07:29 PM
KingMort
Banned

I appreciate your support sir ! Thank you for the comments.. I will continue to work hard and remain un-bending in my rules.. I find it very important to be fair 100% of the time.

Again thank you for your great comments and support to my server.. Hopefully the other players will find the same thing you have found here, and call Raid Addicts their home.

Also I concur with what you said.. Eqemu project RULES.. Doodman, Rogean, Fathernitwit, and all the rest of the people (yes even mattmeck) who worked hard to support this project, I thank you for your hard work.

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 PM
halfalive123
Fire Beetle

KMRA is easily my favorite server ive played on, i have been on a few different servers and they are also fun,but ive been on raidaddicts for about 5 years now and i love every second of it. I suggest for someone who is looking to play that they try raidaddicts for the ultimate EverQuest Emulator Experience.

~~Bubbles~~
The Unicorn of KMRA
Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 PM
lxjojo
Fire Beetle

Default cool

oh~ old guys lol I only on KMAR 1 year. But I love KMAR very much!

I from china,and my English is poor.But this can not stop me playing in KMAR.

CEQ closed about 4 years ago.I love EQ,a firend tell me [CEQ=DS] open,so I know EQemu, I played half years there.But that server very lag for me, I even can't box 2chars. So I tried a lot of others server.Finally, I found KMRA,her speical attracted me.There are lots of customize task.All players are friendly...

Now, it's my home. So all love EQ's guys,come here, you will love here lol

PS:sorry for my bad english=P
Old 10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Dehumanity
Fire Beetle

I have to Agree with Dickyj here, I've played Live since 99 still play off and on and the game hands down has me. I've played most of the servers we have here in the emu and its the same feeling. alot of great people, awsome twists on the content and the ability to put my hands into the gears. I can think of no better feeling than learning how to do some sql and being encouraged my all lvls of the populace ( GM's, admin, players and everyone in between) thank you guys all alot for the work you put into this game and my hats off to you for all the skills

and a personal thank you to Mort and KMRA's dev team for teaching me the path to tradeskills and all that i'll pester you guys to teach me in the furure

If you havent had a chance spend some time on KMRA you won't regret the people you'll meet there

See ya all in game,
Nocked
Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Wizen_Knight
Fire Beetle

First of all I would like to thank the EQEmu folks who dedicate their time to making an Emulation of one of the greatest games of all times in its prime, and a game I am sure you love as much as me or you wouldn't be reading in this forum. Thanks guys for the hard work and devotion to a cause.

I played live 5 years from May 99 till Aug 04. Have my own test server, and have played on Numerous EQEmu's. There are a lot of neat features on various servers: SoD, Peq, Stormhaven ,The Edge just to name a few I have checked out.

But the one Eqemu server that has held my attention the longest is KMRA. It has a lot of custom content, and custom items. Many tiers of equipment progression, difficult enough to keep you interested, but not so difficult as to turn you off. The content is quite different than live, but set up in a live like play style for the Most part.. But as soon as you log in and make a character, you will see that you aren't in the old Norrath for sure.

Its an interesting server,but this isn't a server for instant gratification though... So be prepared to do some work to level and equip your toon/toons.
Just like you did on live.

Maximium Level 87
AA workability ~95%
Fun Factor 9/10
Addictiveness 10/10
Staff availability 9/10
Server hardware is excellent, with good ping times and very little server lag while raiding.

Drop by and check it out sometime, if you do, there is a custom spell file for this server you need to download, from the King Mortenson's web site, remember to back up your old Spells_Us.txt file before overwriting it.

Rexx
Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 AM
KingMort
Banned

And i must admit most players who end up players here in the full time scope...

Will stay for years!!!

Grats to you guys who have progressed here and I hope more of you log on soon for some real action !!

King
Old 10-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Richardo
Banned

My 10 minute servers were all better than KMRA!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Killawen
Sarnak

Dem sound like fightin words.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
KingMort
Banned

lol

/buys Richardo a dog, and then kills his dog