Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Devestator
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a server, if it exists

Hey there, I was considering playing on one of the EQEmu servers for a bit but I dont know if the kind of server I would be looking for exists.

First I'd want the server to be at least up to PoP expansion. Level 65 max.

Second, there would have to be a descent sized player base. I love to raid, so there would have to be enough people to raid on a regular basis in pop.

So with those two conditions anyone know of any good servers like this? I checked out PEQ and it looks ok, but I'm concerned about the player population on it. Looks like from reading their forums and one persons post they have about 100 toons on during prime time. That just dosn't seme like enough people to actively be able to find something to do or raid each night.

My final concern with any server I choose would be my ability to catch up to the cap level. With this being old world rules and such leveling is a pain in the butt. I'd most likely be boxing a monk and shaman so it wont be terrible but I'd prefer to have people to level up with or either a way to level up faster than normal.

Thanks for any information!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:50 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL, well if PEQ isn't high enough population for you, then you probably don't want to play on the emu at all :P PEQ gets the highest average player numbers of any server with the only exception being the Chinese server Dragon Soul.

In the emu, you don't need 70 people to raid. All encounters have been made at least somewhat weaker to allow them to be done with 20ish at most. And considering that many people box 2 to 6 characters, that might only require 5ish actual people to do a raid even on top end mobs. In the emulator, 20+ on a server is actually not too bad. There are still many others that break 50+ during peak times to chose from as well. If you chose a custom server, you will most likely have faster exp rates, custom gear from loot and quests, and custom encounters designed for raids that only take a few real people to complete. And, most custom servers only have a small amount of custom zones (10-50), so even with low player population, it isn't hard to find a group because people are concentrated into certain areas and zones.

I would recommend checking out a few servers and seeing if you like them. Checking the player count on the server list is a pretty good general guide to which servers are the most popular. You can see a few brief server descriptions in the sticky post in this section of the forums.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
KingMort
Banned

Hmm yeah the largest raid I have ever seen on my server " Raid Addicts " was 36.... Generally speaking our raids are anywhere from 14 - 24 however.. The content on my server is highly custom, we have covered POP and GOD and OOW even max level is 87.. More than 5,000 Custom items now attached to hundreds of events and raids / ring events and quests... As well as TONS of custom Trade Skills and alternate progression if your not into raiding... There are multiple raiding guilds even a Chinese raiding guild !

Stop on by and check us out

Jordan "King" Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org
Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

We are just finishing VT and moving on to PoP on Order of Hasson

There are enough on in my guild on to raid on a nightly basis.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

The largest EQ emulated server is Shards of Delay (also known as Winters Roar). However that server runs of its own system , ultra customized and on top of that somewhat illigal.
On other hand they have over 500+ people playing
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Quote:
We are just finishing VT and moving on to PoP on Order of Hasson

There are enough on in my guild on to raid on a nightly basis.
Second that, but I'm a bit biased =P I personally haven't been on recently due to work, but I make sure to keep the server updated with the newest server builds and quests. It's not going anywhere.

Seen as many as 50 online some nights for us. That was with two simultaneous raids in different zones, though. Think the most on a single raid was 24.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Yeah our raids peak out around 24.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:15 AM
KingMort
Banned

Yeah exactly RA, SOD, PEQ are the older servers around here... The largest team of devs of course being on SOD... IN fact they probably have the most BLING <-------- I wish i had a team like him honestly .. The only thing my server has going for it I believe are certain features and perhaps more content and items... (though I am unsure of this to be certain)

I know that SOD does use Illegal zone distribution and that is why they are not attached / related to Eqemu for legal reasons..

Raid Addicts Supports EQEMU and Sony Entertainment 100%...

I know our community is smaller, but I am certain you as an expert player of everquest. Will ever defeat this server... Thanks to the efforts of MANY developers (Mangoo, Buri, Bleh, Ndnet, Kate, Luftt , Kovou, Secrets, Azamora, Cripp, Collron, Vaion, Wrathsong, and more !)

The list is actually much larger than this over the years there have been TONS of developers who have participated on the creation process as well as TONS of players (Sorry if i have forgotten your names, Qinamen, Craleu, Benny , Nocked to be more recent)

My server is semi open source so that players who have skills in SQL and PERL can in fact create content so that is why the server is so diverse...

Please be sure to stop on in and see how you fair among players who have been playing for 3-5 years (SEE PLAYER RANKINGS : http://www.raidaddicts.org/magelo/ranks.html)

NOTE: Most of those guys on the top 20 have been here for years...

Also developers of new servers.. You are welcome to join our ranks and create content as well... This is going to be the next big thing in TOTALLY CUSTOM servers...

King Mortenson
Owner - www.raidaddicts.org

PS. also as before mentioned much of the server is also translated into CHINESE

We also have all 16 classes balanced !
We also have a working Economy.. People buying and selling goods... I'm not sure where else you can find this much accuracy tbh