Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Korrok881
Fire Beetle

Default Windows 7 and EQemu

Im somewhat new so Im sorry if this is not the proper support forum for this kind of question and if its not if you would be as so kind to point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

So I installed the game and got on the servers just fine. Here are my problems however that im trying to fix.

1. Gamma - When the game starts it changes the desktop Gamma and then once the game closes it never sets them back so its messed up until i restart the system.

2. Full screen - The game crashes everytime I attempt to run full screen. I have tried various things that I have read but nothing seems to be working. my desktop res is 1680x1050 as is the games.

3. Text distorted - The text in game looks distorted like its missing pixels and im not sure why since both the game and desktop are the same res.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Korrok
Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Make sure you install DirectX 9. It doesn't come with Windows 7, and it may fix your full screen and text issues.

For the gamma, try using Wineq2. It will reset the gamma when you quit it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Korrok881
Fire Beetle

I tried to install Direct x9c and it says that it "Direct X setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of Direct X has been installed already. No installation is necessary"

As for the WinEQ ill give that a shot

EDIT: I just tried WinEQ and it didnt reset the gamma its kinda annoying since i know no other way than restarting to fix it.

and here is an example of the text http://img11.imageshack.us/f/98082414.png/
Old 02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Which client version are you running? I haven't seen these issues in the SoD or later clients.

The text is probably garbled due to you running EQ in a non-native resolution. If on Titanium and using a large desktop resolution, that might be why EQ is crashing when you try to full screen, since Titanium is very old before newer resolutions were available. Normally you can resolve resolution issues by messing with the full screen resolution settings in eqclient.ini or on your desktop. The FAQ in my sig has a few suggestions.

I vaguely recall something about the Gamma issue. I think you may be able to resolve that in your video card settings by changing the setting that allows games to control/adjust gamma.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Korrok881
Fire Beetle

I am running a fresh install of titanium. And like i said the client and desktop both read at the native res. 1680x1050
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrok881 View Post
I tried to install Direct x9c and it says that it "Direct X setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of Direct X has been installed already. No installation is necessary"
try this directx update. it's what i used to update my win7 with the 9c libs.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
Old 02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Korrok881
Fire Beetle

Thats the one i tried and it told me there was nothing that needed to be installed
Old 02-26-2011, 12:00 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrok881 View Post
I am running a fresh install of titanium. And like i said the client and desktop both read at the native res. 1680x1050
Widescreen formats are not natively supported by Everquest. Using a 1680x1050 resolution may look pretty and all but it can and will cause the client to crash when you attempt to go fullscreen.
If I remember correctly you can set the game to such resolutions but you must do so in the options menu from within Everquest. The options menu that is available before you log in won't work. I think this very issue was at the root of the whole .ini mod that is so commonly talked about on this forum.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Korrok881
Fire Beetle

So what would some of the native res's be so i can give them a shot
Old 02-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Myself, I run both my desktop and my game UI at 1024X768 on 22" wide screen.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The resolutions supported by Everquest will depend on your client version. Most everquest clients will work with resolutions of 640x480, 800x600 & 1024x768. Obviously the newer the client the more resolutions that will be supported.
Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet but multiple monitor setups can cause display problems with Everquest.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Abraham
Fire Beetle

Ive had the issue with the text before, but thats usually when I'm in windowed mode. When I'm in fullscreen, it is fixed.

As for you getting full screen to work, you havent posted whether or not you have edited your settings in eqclient.ini

Make sure you have your width and height settings set for your desktop resolution.

You should really just use wineq2 though, it will fix all of these problems and as for the gamma issue you mentioned- there is a setting in the wineq2 settings menu to enable or disable the gamma correction. Theres really no reason not to use wineq2 so I highly reccoment thats what you use.