Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Cat
Fire Beetle

Default 2nd eq client.

hello, I am currently playing on project 1999 server, and I want to check out the PEQ server, however the heavily modified 1999 client isnt working so well, I want to install a 2nd complete version of titanium to run with peq.

I own a boxed retail copy of titanium, and have never had any issues installing it, however now that I am trying to install a 2nd client, it is not letting me, no matter what i do it comes up with a window that says modify repair remove, I have moved the folders, re named them, even hidden them, and no mater what it will not let me install a 2nd client.

does anyone have any info on how i can install a 2nd client? I am running windows vista.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I've never had a problem installing in to a new directory like that, but if nothing else works here is a way to handle it.

1. Copy (not move) your current P1999 EQ directory to your desktop or someplace else safe.
2. Uninstall EQ, make sure the directory is completely deleted.
3. Reboot
4. Reinstall EQ and never run from this directory.
5. Make a copy of this new directory, and name it EverquestPEQ.
6. Rename your P1999 directory to ReverquestP1999 and move (not copy) it to the same place as the dfault EQ folder and the PEQ folder.
7. Make new shortcuts to PEQ and P1999.
8. Play EQ.