Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:39 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Default Zoning Issue

After creating a private server and getting my errors fixed, I logged into the game on the account I created and made that player a gm. I have been playing the gm toon just to get a feel for EQ again and how the emulator server works. I just installed PEQ database as the wiki documentation entailed.

I let the game place the player in the tutorial zone, mines of gloomingdeep. When I was finished with that zone, I tried to zone out but the zone line didn't exist. I would walk into what I think is the zone line and nothing. I could't find a zone line in mines of gloomingdeep.

I understand that PEQ is just current to Gates of Discord, so does that mean that gloomingdeep only worked because it has been set up to be a complete zone?

I am also curious if crescent reach works, because it is provided as a starting zone for toons? Should I avoid using this zone because it is part of expansion past Gates of Discord, it seems to be a functional zone, because Drakkin are in the game.

I had another zoning issue in game as well. I am able to #zone my way to east and west commons, but when I zone from west commons into kithicor forest and than zone back into west commons, it doesn't zone me into west commons, it places me in the revamped commons zone, but I cannot use the zone, gives me an error when I try to cast on mobs.

I have done no altering to the game other than installing as the wiki explained for a public and private server setup, which really is just a couple tweaks to the public setup to get the private working.

Drazel
Old 09-18-2015, 12:07 PM
starblight
Sarnak

To get out of the tutorial zone did you try clicking? you run into the zone line area and click and you should port out.

I had issues fixing all the new zones as well and for most of them I fixed it by replacing the map files for the clients from older clients. I am running late for work so if this little bit of ifo dose not work I will post more later.