Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Default Dragons of Mist

Just wanted to give a more formal introduction to my server. I am looking for a few people to jump on board just for load testing basically. Dragons of Mist will remain very legit. I am allowing 3 concurrent connections and one bot per player until we get our player population up, or we may do mercenaries when they are finished and implemented.

Please read the main page to get an idea of where I am going with the server.

http://www.dragonsofmist.com

The website content and wiki will get filled in as I go along. I have only had the website up since Christmas and the wiki has only been up for a week, so content will come in time. There are two ways to login, if you want to go straight to the login server, pm me until I have an automatic way of account creation for it. Until then you can always use the EqEmulator public login.

I may do custom content later down the road as time permits. Right now I am just getting my feet wet and offering an alternative. There are outstanding servers like Stormhaven with loads of custom content out there, and I am not competing in that realm.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM
provocating
Demi-God

From player feedback, the majority are finding the server too hard to acquire gear and I totally agree. It is not easy running around at level 45 with low end gear. Experience rates will remain the same but characters can now have 5 bots instead of one at a time.

Login, have fun.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Just an FYI, I cannot contact players but Dragons of Mist is offline because of a storm north of us. From what I understand there is a fiber optic line down. As soon as the internet is back up we will also be back up.

As another measure I am going to be looking into changing internet service. Even during Katrina I did not lose internet connectivity with AT&T.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Where are you from Prov?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:20 PM
provocating
Demi-God

FYI, it is back up now.

Alabama
Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
provocating
Demi-God

A month ago we altered XP rates some. Nothing overwhelmingly fast but definitely an improvement. Bot stances have been implemented with Bad Captains new code changes.

NPC Guides are located in the starter area and all major cities to answer players questions about the server.

Our upstream rate has been bumped up from 2MB to 5MB, not that it is needed but I definitely noticed an improvement in zone times.