Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 PM
notchjohnson
Fire Beetle

Default banned under false pretenses

I was hoping i could clear something up. I've already sent and email through the 'Contact Us' and still havent gotten a response. So here's the situation:
My friend found out we were playing eq again, so he decided to torrent Titanium. After following all the getting started steps, he logged on and couldnt see any servers. When he came over that night, he told me about it and I checked the forums for an answer but didnt find one, so I went back to drinking and watching the Flyers game. He got on the when I walked away and made a thread under my forum account since I was already logged on and mentioned that he torrented it. He never got an answer that night. The next day I tried to log into EQ for the first time in about a month. I was banned. I came on the forums and found out I was banned for mentioning torrenting the game.
I just wanted to clear it up that I hadn't torrented the game. I actually bought Titanium back in 06 when I was stationed at my first command and had nothing to do. I can take pictures of the disks with today's newspaper if you want? Want me to write a special message on a piece of paper behind the disks? that as close as i can come I guess to proving that I actually bought the game. I can even have my friend contact you on his forum name if you want. I dont know, I'm just a little upset I put in all this time playing the game to get banned for something I didnt do.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

One time it would be nice to see somebody man up and admit they fucked up instead of it always being a friend/brother/cat/etc.

Regardless, you won't get any help here as this is not the forum for whatever server you were banned from.

Quote:
I'm just a little upset I put in all this time playing the game to get banned for something I didnt do.
But you did let your "friend" use your computer, so you did let it happen. Be mad at your "friend", not whatever server banned you.

Won't get into how retarded it is to ban people for mentioning torrenting, OMG I HEAR HELICOPTERS GOT TO GO.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
notchjohnson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
One time it would be nice to see somebody man up and admit they fucked up instead of it always being a friend/brother/cat/etc.
yea sure, it would be nice, if it was me that fucking did it. this post doesnt pertain to you so mind your fuckin business nerd
Old 04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Jaekob
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchjohnson View Post
yea sure, it would be nice, if it was me that fucking did it. this post doesnt pertain to you so mind your fuckin business nerd
Posting like this will get you banned here also. And in case you missed Cary's advice. Find your server forum and talk to them. No one here can help.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
notchjohnson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaekob View Post
Posting like this will get you banned here also. And in case you missed Cary's advice. Find your server forum and talk to them. No one here can help.
i wasnt banned from a server, i was banned for even logging into the game
Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

hahaha, I love the guy who says he will post pictures of his titanium CDs with todays newspaper is calling me a nerd, because obviously you have to move all the super models off your old Titanium CDs before taking that pic.

Personally Ive never heard of what you are talking about, you might get a forum ban here but that doesnt affect your ability to log into the login server, so I'm going to go with you being a retard and forgetting your password or not being able to read the error msg correctly.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:38 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Personally Ive never heard of what you are talking about, you might get a forum ban here but that doesnt affect your ability to log into the login server
This is where you would be wrong. Getting a forum ban here also bans all LS accounts tied to that forum account. I think Rogean added that a couple of years back.

As for the account ban, first we will need to know the name of your forum account that is banned from logging into these forums. I don't see any others that are tied to your IP address that are currently banned.

If you don't have a forum account banned here, and/or if your post was made on a forums other than these forums, then maybe Rogean banned your LS account manually.