Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:35 PM
gredesh
Sarnak

Default Updating my database

Hey, just trying to figure out the new system with google svn etc. Last time I updated was build 1029, I see the SQL updates are in svn in utils/sql/svn but I don't think this is complete because I don't have a bunch of columns in them items table. One such column is 'UNK098'. Since its not in the utils/sql/svn folder I would think it would be in the changelog, since that goes back to 2003, but searching for it gets nothing. Am I missing something?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
trevius
Developer

The UNK098 field was renamed a while back due to it being identified, so it is no longer "unknown". I think it was renamed to elitematerial. Either way, UNK098 is not needed if you are using a current SVN revision, since it was replaced.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
gredesh
Sarnak

Yeah I know, i'm trying to do the SQL update that changes unk098 to the new column name. The problem is I don't have the column in the first place. I also don't have a few more columns in the update so I know that i'm missing some SQL updates from around 3 years ago I'm guessing. I've searched the changelog and the utils/sql/svn folder for unk098 but i'm coming up with nothing. Is there somewhere else where some of the sql updates are hiding?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, prior to the SVN, most SQL updates were posted directly in the changelog and you can still see most of those here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem.../changelog.txt

Even since the SVN, some required SQL has still been added only in the changelog, so you will need to make sure you are caught up there as well.

If you don't have custom stuff in your database, you are probably best off just downloading the latest PEQ database and wipe your existing DB out and replace it with the current PEQ one. Otherwise, you are going to have quite a bit of DB work to get fully caught up. If that is not an option, then you may want to download the latest PEQ DB and go table by table and make sure your DB matches up with PEQ by creating or adjusting fields as needed.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:46 PM
gredesh
Sarnak

Yeah it is a lot of work . I checked the changelog for UNK098 and can't find it. Any idea why it wouldn't be there? Oh well, guessing it just got lost at some point. Thanks for the help, i'll check out peq.