Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Item creation

I was wondering, instead of reinventing the wheel, if anyone has found a simple way to create new and unique items to the database for use in custom servers?

For instance, if I wanted to create a set of starter gear for my server, those of you who have done this before, I was hoping you would share your method. Is there a key somewhere to the different fields in the item database, and which ones not to mess with, how to add spell effects to the item, right click spells, etc...

I have performed a few searches here, and I have messed with GeorgeS tools, but maybe I am just missing it and it's right in front of my face? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:28 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

GeorgeS tools are the key you're seeking. I believe Akkadius is working on a different editor, but I haven't heard anything on it in a while.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Which tool specifically? I downloaded the suite, but I don't see a by-field editor or a tool that created NEW items.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

DOwnloading the latest eqitems from GeorgeS. Hopefully that is what you are talking about.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
GeorgeS tools are the key you're seeking. I believe Akkadius is working on a different editor, but I haven't heard anything on it in a while.
Still being worked on and will be finished, D3 just came out is all. And since it is kind of worn out it shouldn't be too long
Old 06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Still being worked on and will be finished, D3 just came out is all. And since it is kind of worn out it shouldn't be too long
Good to hear. Definitely highly anticipating the new tool.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
Which tool specifically? I downloaded the suite, but I don't see a by-field editor or a tool that created NEW items.
The tool titled EQITEMS:

Use the search bar to find an item similar to the item you want to create. Click the item, hit new edit, while inside the editor window click the copy button. You now have a new editable item with it's own unique itemid.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Good to hear. Definitely highly anticipating the new tool.
It really wasn't taking long to make either I just had one Saturday to possibly work on before the summer hit and then I went on vacation and D3 came out at the same time. Trevius went down the same path

Either way I will try to get back to revisiting this. Work and life has been extremely busy which doesn't help either.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It really wasn't taking long to make either I just had one Saturday to possibly work on before the summer hit and then I went on vacation and D3 came out at the same time. Trevius went down the same path

Either way I will try to get back to revisiting this. Work and life has been extremely busy which doesn't help either.
I feel you on that. No rush or anything. I too have been consumed by not only D3, but also Skyrim.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Yeah downloaded the eqitems program. FOr some reason it's giving me the "failed to connect to database" error. I am making sure I register all the OCX files and such, installing directx and all the other crap I can think of, I have the ODBC setup correctly cause the other tools work from GeorgeS, so I will work it out... I'm sure I just missed something simple.

I can't wait for a more intuitive item creator. I have ran WoW servers as well, and there are MANY PHP based item creators online that do this, and generate an SQL file for you to source into your database. Very handy. It used to be at wow-v but I guess they merged at some time, and now it's here:

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/

Very cool idea though. If I have any trouble with GeorgeS tools I will come back and search for the answer again before posting. Thanks all for your help.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
Yeah downloaded the eqitems program. FOr some reason it's giving me the "failed to connect to database" error. I am making sure I register all the OCX files and such, installing directx and all the other crap I can think of, I have the ODBC setup correctly cause the other tools work from GeorgeS, so I will work it out... I'm sure I just missed something simple.

I can't wait for a more intuitive item creator. I have ran WoW servers as well, and there are MANY PHP based item creators online that do this, and generate an SQL file for you to source into your database. Very handy. It used to be at wow-v but I guess they merged at some time, and now it's here:

http://www.wowitemcreator.com/

Very cool idea though. If I have any trouble with GeorgeS tools I will come back and search for the answer again before posting. Thanks all for your help.
Did you accurately set your Database info in the db.txt files?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Yep. I double and triple checked that. It's the same data as in all the other db.txt files. I noticed there was a thread about the tool breaking when a huge update to PEQ comes out, whereas the other tools don't break for whatever reason. Is your eqitems program working?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Here is the link to the other thread where they discuss it.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35370
Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

OK I finally figured it out by reading this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ariables+table

He talks about the same error, and how it wouldn't work because he forgot a \ in the path name in the db.ini and when he fixed that, it worked.

I am on my developer machine remoting into the server, so I didn't have EQ installed on the machine. I installed EQ SoD and now the item editor works fine.