Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Default Changed start zone and now BOOM!

Ruh Roh Shaggy - I think I messed up bigtime... So I was changing columns in the 'start_zones" table so that all characters would start in the same zone. I found the zoneidnumber for the zone in question and modified these fields in the 'start_zones' table:

zone_id (changed to 160 for Katta - these were same value I as 'start_zone')
start_zone (changed to 160 for Katta)
x (changed to X value for desired start position)
y (changed to Y value for desired start position)
z (changed to Z value for desired start position)

Now when I try to log in - I never get to the character select screen...it just hangs at a black screen after i authenticate to the client (SoD client). Should I not have modified one of those fields?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Make sure you have the X Y Z numbers in correctly.

/loc = y,x,z
#loc = x,y,z
#zone 160 x, y, z

You can update your table to fix any problems with the code below. Just put in your x,y,z numbers.

Code:
UPDATE start_zones SET x=1, y=1, z=1, zone_id=160;
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Thanks Capheus. I am able to log in now (mysteriously I think that was a fluke) and I'm further along but I have an oddity. The coordinates are correct. I did the #zone 160 -962 -452 -268 which puts me on the first floor of Katta exactly where I want players to start. I also changed zone_id, bind_id, start_zone to 160 in the start_zones table. I also changed x, y, z as well as bind_x, bind_y, and bind_z to the coordinates above so that players would appear there on creation. I even created a variable called startzone in the variables table which is set to katta (which I also then removed to test, which didn't seem to matter)

For some reason, all characters start at the safespot in Katta (645, -545, 2)instead of the coordinates above.

I just found my answer I think thanks to Trevius

Quoted: "The XYZ you want goes to the safe point of the zone as you set it in the zones table. As for disabling the tutorial option, I believe you just set the rule for it in the rule_values table"