Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-21-2004, 04:44 PM
fataldelay
Fire Beetle

Default Programs that work?

ok i am using the latest build of eqemu..
i have everything set up...
i sourced.. mwalpha database
i used govtcheese npc_types_update
and loot_update
i done exactly how the tutorial told me how to create my eqemu

i can successfully login and create a char....

now the problem starts
i have a blank world.. no npcs..
i do #findnpctype skeleton
i get a list of skeletons .. no problem
but if i do
#dbspawn whatever skelly id is..
it will say not in database

also.. if i use eqadmin
it will not connect to my items table
it will not connect to my npc types table give violation error
on the items table it just crashes it to no end

now.. if prefabbed databases causes this..
then ill use a blank database if i have to..

my general question is.. if i cannot find tools that will work with what im using and a database without error neither....

is it possible to load a blank database? and how much trouble would it be to do it from ground up? .. im new to this and very much so want to make this happen as far as putting npcs in my world and creating quests and so forth...

also i do mysql front ... and can see things in my npc_types.. but again when i try to put #dbspawn idnumber .. it says it doesnt exists.. any help on this would be appreciated
Old 07-21-2004, 04:53 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Look at the world and zone output in the consoles when you do #dbspawn, theres probably an error message there. As for eqadmin, its probably not using the correct format for the items anymore and so its queries are failing. The items change quite often and the software lags behind. But you can always just use mysqlfront to edit the items tables yourself to add whatever you want.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:00 PM
fataldelay
Fire Beetle

well im not worried about the items. i knew i can use mysql front to edit items.. its the npc im trying to edit... and again when trying to add any npcs to my world.. it says.. it doesnt exists even after i do #npcfindtype whatever
it will say npcid name
then i put
#dbspawn npcid
it gives an error message

cannot find it ..
Old 07-21-2004, 05:18 PM
fataldelay
Fire Beetle

Error loading NPCs from database. Bad query.
Init: Loading zone listsError2 in PopulateZoneLists query 'SELECT DISTINCT(spawn
groupID), spawngroup.name FROM spawn2,spawngroup WHERE spawn2.spawngroupID=spawn
group.ID and zone='qeynos2'' #1030: Got error 127 from table handler
ERROR: Couldn't load zone lists.
Zone->Init failed

ok.. just as i suspected .. something in my database.. anyone know what database i should be using????? to make this work!!!

i have followed all the tutorials and using the databases that i was told to use...
Old 07-22-2004, 03:18 AM
animepimp
Dragon

This does not seem to be caused by a bad query so I think your DB is fine, but its caused by something DB related. Perhaps you set up something wrong with My Sql, I would go look at my sql's website and look up what error 127 means.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:07 AM
fataldelay
Fire Beetle

Default Ok finally

Hanging out in IRC really pays off

first of all i have to thank ndnet for the help in IRC

1. gave me an updated database thats a clean up version from the one i was using.. that took care of all the errors i was having.. not sure if anyone else was getting them.. but no problems now...

I started this project 23 days ago.. just trying to get the server up and running to mess around with it...

problems i have had.. keep in mind im using 0.5.7-DR6

1. i patched to live like a dummy
(solution) im not allowed to tell you outright but I used a patcher program from 2 different places.. which took care of my problems.. do a search im sure youll find the two.. that was enough to give me a rollback in time.. and yes im keeping that backed up from now on...

2. once i got patched up.. had to download and get mysql... and mysql front.. (geesh never had to use these tools but what the hey)

3. setting it was easy.. i used virus tutorial and well it was a breeze.. getting it setup...

i wanted to create a personal server only .. so i know by doing searches minilogin didnt work.. well i asked around in IRC..
someone told me to set up my zone boot to read localhost.. example

after world bootup.. goto command prompt
get into your eqemu directory
type
zone.exe . localhost 7995 localhost
that will just make it to where you can only be in the zone..
if someone logs on .. oh well.. they cant get in
the other alternative is type #lock

anyways..
well i get in.. omg.. no npcs.. at all. and i started getting crazy errors... in my zone window

well.. got a new database.. dont remember the link.. but i know for a fact it works... so now im happy.. now im going to move on to other things like perl scripting.. just gotta do a search on where to find that link for everything i need to do perl scripting.. and plugins..

not bad for a blonde chick huh?

thanks btw for your help