Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-09-2002, 03:44 PM
bot403
Sarnak

Default Seriously, do quests work?

Ok i have poured about 6 hours total into figuring out quests, but they just dont seem to work. Please tell me, do quests work in Linux. I WANT A FIRSTHAND ANSWER. Don't say yes unless you have tested the scripts in linux and have seen a quest work on a linux server. I have tried everything i can think of including looking a the source trying to get it to work and nothing prevails.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:13 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

I looked bot and even after I changed my quests to Quests like it showed in the source it still won't work. It is suppose to do the following

Code:
 #ifdef WIN32                                                                        
  snprintf(filename, 254, "Quests\\%i.qst", npc_id);                                  
  #else                                                                               
  snprintf(filename, 254, "Quests/%i.qst", npc_id);                                   
  #endif                                                                              

if (pFile = fopen ( filename , "rb" )) {                                            
          printf("Reading quests from %s\n", filename);                               
  }                                                                                   
  else {                                                                              
          //printf("Error: No quests file found for %s\n", zonename);                 
          return;
But when looking at the logs it doesn't say anything like that in world or zone.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:50 AM
bot403
Sarnak

true....very true...thanks
Old 06-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

I doubt this is it, but be sure to check the permisions on the quests dir and files. You never know, perhaps you got it set to something odd.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:59 AM
bot403
Sarnak

chmod 777 usually will let you know right away if it is perms...its not :(
i also have symlinks from quest Quest quests all to Quests just incase. I looked at the source and it lookds for Quests/(npcid).qst....so i think ive covered all possibilities, but its just Quests.... i even recompiles changing Quests/%i.qst to ./Quests/%i.qst...to no avail,....nothing even shows up in the logs about quests like all though print statements should make it look. That is the entire Wesquests.cpp doesnt even seem to be used.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:58 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

Well I was going to setup a windows box and do some internal testin but minilogin is not right. I don't want to use public login though so I will have to throw it out on the eqemu login server and see what happens. If it works in windows then something is wrong.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:40 AM
stormgod
Discordant

which file is supposed to call Wesquest ? could be there if the win32def was searching for the right thing and the linux one not .I suppose it should be in client .cpp and I will try to look in it today