Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

Default new server weird problems

1. autoattack does nothing just stands there but specials work like kick/punch. #los reports no los to target even when right on top of them. the mob can hit me after i kick them to get combat going.

2. after somehow making myself a gm (whats the easiest/best way?) and brodcasting or speaking it said Zserver says test or Zserver brodcast hello.

3. i was trying to make just local server to test/play with but always got either world or login server error, but i did manage to get eqemu public going ever though that line is nowhere in my config files.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

sorry don't see edit button...

4. in world.exe window get msg [debug] [world_client] Ozium: client disconnected (not active in process) even though i can still play and things work fine.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 AM
pfyon
Discordant

1. Sounds like you're missing map files.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

OK, for your #1 I get them too sometimes. I can't explain it. It doesn't happen to everyone in zone at the same time. It will be just one or two people or sometimes all.

Maybe its just coincidence, but if a mob casts/receives a spell and it lands like fear/charm/megastun and then afterwards melee will only work on kicks but they will continue to fight as normal. Perhaps something new in the combat code looking for a flag/timer when a fear/intimidate/charm/etc is done before restarting combat?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

Quote:
1. autoattack does nothing just stands there but specials work like kick/punch. #los reports no los to target even when right on top of them. the mob can hit me after i kick them to get combat going.
after i upgarded thats my overall problem any account / toon gm or not is not able to melee attack Spells / kick / taunt / whatever is working fine!

any help?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Might not be related, but does it have anything to do with the newer rule_value "Pathing"CanidateNodeRangeZ"?

I'm having all my problems in the Arena, which I think doesn't have any grids setup for pathing. Maybe causes issues where there isn't any setup in-zone or close to wherever you're at?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

after changing value / disable the rule i get "you can not see target" for spells! So i set up a test realm totaly fresh and there same thing i cant attack - mob attack me fine!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Oggobogg
Fire Beetle

Sorry for double post couldnt edit - Maps was the problem Thanks!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:56 PM
zztop1
Fire Beetle

you people are all gods !!
maps was the problem here too! server now operational