Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Who has problems with the latest Releases?

I'm curious as to who has problems with the newest releases of the EqEmu server?
here's how it's been with me;
anything after EQEmu-0.7.0-933, quest globals do not work to their fullest anymore.
With EQEmu-0.7.0-941 and now the brand new EQEmu-0.7.0-942; when I log a character in, it just stays frozen in one spot, rendering these two versions, totally useless.
I know I have gotten emails from other people stating the same problems, but I would like to know if it's all or most of us, or just "meaningless" portion of the users.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

I havent tried the 942 out yet, but the 941 is unuseable atm for me. Same locking in place.

I had thought this to be a known issue. BUt glad you posted this to make sure, would be a curosity to see if it was actually working for some.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I wonder what the reason is for continued releases, if they don't work for anyone.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:05 AM
mattmeck

Allow me to explain.

Downloading the source and compiling on your own is always risky, nothing is "officialy released" its a development release.

When you fix something you always run the risk of breaking something else. What was broken just needs to be fixed.

Let me state it again, there has not been an official release because its not ready yet, your downloading the developmental code, expect it to be broke.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I understand. Most (if any) servers don't even use new releases. But aren't the devs interested in it being tested by anyone?
I tried the windows executables also.
Anyways maybe this thread is out of place then.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 AM
KLS
Administrator

I don't see anything about locking in place on the bug report areas, and since it doesn't happen to me it wasn't really a known issue to me. Would be nice if I had a more detailed description of what's going on though. I'd be glad to fix any bugs the new code introduced, and I'm sure there's some.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:43 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
I understand. Most (if any) servers don't even use new releases. But aren't the devs interested in it being tested by anyone?
I tried the windows executables also.
Anyways maybe this thread is out of place then.
Yes it needs to be tested thats why its able to be downloaded, needs to be tested and bugs reported so that they can be fixed.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Not that I don't want to post there, just that I don't know where or how, and probably many more are on my same boat.
It would be nice if we could keep a thread like this, and you could check once in a while. If so, I'll re-load 942 and detail it to you.
Also, there's the quest globals issue, which really doesn't affect many people - but I think it's because who ever might use it, doesn't use all the features. I can detail that for you also.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:48 AM
mattmeck

There is 2 diferent bug reporting forums here, Look under Development section of these forums.

Also there is the source forge bug reporting feture that nobody uses too.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:53 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I've been toiling over a test plan for some time. Soon as it gets at least comparable to the one on the Wiki, I will post/update it. I think more people should be involved in simple testing, and not just running servers, but that's the QA in me coming out.

Meanwhile, I have had little issue with 941 for weeks on FC4. No freezing, but occasionally I'll get weird messages when I zone that look like paths to the quest scripts (perl5.8/something.pl etc). I have not reported it because when I get logging set up, it stops happening.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

And to think, you made me a moderator! Just pity me is all
I thought maybe there was another place where people were bug posting besides the forums here.
I'll get started and start posting instead of whining.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:38 AM
cutterjohn
Fire Beetle

I know about the quest global problem, because Angelox(and others) told me so in my thread detailing y trials and tribulations of setting up a minilogin server last weekend. (Mostly problems caused by a borked mysql GUI query browser app.)

Other than that my characters in 941 can neither move forwards, nor backwards. 940(and presumably everything else below) allowed movement.

I ended up using 933 on the reccomendations of various people here...
Old 01-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Moved this to bug reports, since it might help and won't die out
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

I upgraded from 941 to 942 with no hitches yet with Angel's AXPEQ 21d (yes I have yet to update to 21e), on a winXP system. I use no custom rules. Could it be a Linux problem?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabClaw
I upgraded from 941 to 942 with no hitches yet with Angel's AXPEQ 21d (yes I have yet to update to 21e), on a winXP system. I use no custom rules. Could it be a Linux problem?
I tested/had the same problem under XP also, but tell me how to remove the custom rules - maybe, that's it