Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
KiyoshiRoughnight
Fire Beetle

Default Previous Player

Greetings,

I have played EQ back in 1999 and throughout the years on and off. I had stopped with the House of Thule expansion and obtained a digital copy of Seeds of Destruction and Secrets of Faydwer from years ago. (I did not buy Underfoot yet, primarily because my characters weren't high enough for it yet!) Due to buying the games online from Sony/Verant long ago (2006), I do not have CD copies of the game.

Considering I do have the expansions legally under my name and already installed in my Program Files, patched up to January 2011, would I still be able to play the EQEmu? If so, how will I be able to?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 AM
trevius
Developer

Read this:

http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

And this:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ClientVersions
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Your best bet is to have a fresh install of the games. Im unsure if being patched to january of 2011 will stop you. Dosent hurt to give ti a try honestly. Just change the EQhost.txt and give it a shot. If you bought digital copies of the game im sure you can get it back depending on where you got it. If you have the CD's from buying the game id look into finding it.

But depending on the client you use i would reccomend Seeds of Dectruction. More contend available and alot of servers do use it. Ill link to a post where a few members of the comminity talked a little about which they preffered Sof over SoD

Posted in Trevius's post he linked a good wiki page on all the clients you can look there for any questions you have about which one is better.

So look into redownloading those digital copies SoD i believe is 100% functional.

Good luck

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34250

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
KiyoshiRoughnight
Fire Beetle

@Trevius: I've already tried the first link and it wouldn't go past the logging in section. Used both host numbers and nadda. Did the patchme as well. And I found my build:

[Sun Nov 06 15:51:16 2011]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Jan 12 2011 15:00:31)

@liquest: Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on going with SoD anyways.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 AM
KiyoshiRoughnight
Fire Beetle

Good news! (Sorry for the double post):

I reached as far as the server select, so here's a huzzah! Now I am reading through the rest of the topics here to see if I can find my answer.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:33 AM
trevius
Developer

If you can't log into the Grand Creation, then your client isn't going to work. I do a lot of the work on making clients compatible and the chances of your client working at all to play are almost 0. Even if you could get it to log in, you would definitely have many bugs and issues that you cannot fix. You are much better off getting either SoD or UF, which are clients we currently support and have put tons of work into making them as compatible as possible.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
KiyoshiRoughnight
Fire Beetle

Yeah, that is what I am concluding as well.

Might as well buy SoD or UF from STEAM tonight!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Dont take my word for this as im not 100% sure but i do believe is you buy SoD, underfoot or anything along those lines its 30 days also of free playtime on live if that is still going on. hop on the test server where you dont need any expansions you can just go in and play.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein