Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:08 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Default Having Trouble Posting

Why is it that I cannot seem to post particular threads in this forum? I need help, but cannot get it. Thanks.

My error deals with a login issue...but whenever I type out a post about it, I get nasty "The Requested URL /forums/newthread.php was not found on this server." It appears that I'm getting selective instances of this error, since this test post that I figured would not work functioned quite well, despite my wanted post being smacked down after retyping it four times, differently each time.

Last edited by InsaneWallaby; 04-29-2006 at 06:13 PM..
Old 04-30-2006, 02:51 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Good morning.

This site has some kind of protective anti-SQL-injection component, so sometimes when peeps are quoting UPDATE or DELETE SQL statements, it improperly triggers that component and prevents your submission from going thru.

Try to post without quoting any SQL statements, and if it seems that we need those SQL statements to resolve your issue further, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I don't know how configurable that protective component is, but if possible, perhaps the site admins can make an exception for the URL that accepts posting submissions? I think the makers of that component didn't anticipate it being used on sites that have support forums where lots of SQL statements are (legitimately) quoted on those forums.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:43 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

well actually, making exceptions for posting scripts is exactly what we do not want to do, since they are the most likely to be exploited. I removed the SQL filters a long time ago, so it must have been something else the server didnt like.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:11 AM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

I removed hyphens from my post, and it worked. Don't know why hyphens are evil, nasty, uncomprehendable things to the server, but whatever.