Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Redwarrior87
Fire Beetle

Default Populated Servers 100+ ?

Anyone know of any populated free servers, say 100+? If so please make a reply with the names and how to get connected to them. Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 11:06 PM
mrea
Discordant

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/

Old 08-31-2005, 05:39 AM
Richardo
Banned

When Dark Horizons is finnished, we plan to have a community base that can compete with DT eventually...
Old 09-04-2005, 02:12 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

This is very worrying. Rest assured, we will be upping the ante soon in response to this new competing factor.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:41 AM
XelloSollex
Fire Beetle

Why compete with each other?
Old 09-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelloSollex
Because boxing 2 servers at once is a pain.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:53 AM
fault
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelloSollex

exactly why not come together have 2-4 legit server 2 custom servers 2 non legit ube servers and 1 pvp server. be a centralized comunity not broken down.... the logins are all centralized aleady so why not?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexen1
When Dark Horizons is finnished, we plan to have a community base that can compete with DT eventually...

DH has been in work so long. I hope all that time you guys spent will be worth it.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault
exactly why not come together have 2-4 legit server 2 custom servers 2 non legit ube servers and 1 pvp server. be a centralized comunity not broken down.... the logins are all centralized aleady so why not?
Good idea...except for one thing. I am a major player in the world of standardization and centralization, but in this case, centralization may be a bad idea. Many lower pop servers stays below radar. 2-4 kick ass servers gives Sony something to target. :(

Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:48 PM
fault
Hill Giant

that may be true. however if you dont distribute a clientyour ok :P just distribute a "patch" written in your own code if a user uses it there modifying the client thmselves :P and also if the eqemu is written with mostly new code thensony cant do anything fairuse act protect eqemu went through this with alot of ragnarok and lineage server stuff with gravity and ncsoft... they jsut like to scare devs of other software because its usually better.. and so far eqemu looks to bebeter heck i see someone even fixd the boats that sony screwed up and cant fix LOL ( at least on one server)
Old 09-17-2005, 04:50 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fault
i see someone even fixd the boats that sony screwed up and cant fix LOL ( at least on one server)
Which server, been trying to a bit now to gt them to work, keep falling thru them.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojadruid
Which server, been trying to a bit now to gt them to work, keep falling thru them.
Try different genders..There are some ships that you cannot fall through.
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...ighlight=boats
Old 09-19-2005, 09:52 AM
stefann
Sarnak

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damilis
Good idea...except for one thing. I am a major player in the world of standardization and centralization, but in this case, centralization may be a bad idea. Many lower pop servers stays below radar. 2-4 kick ass servers gives Sony something to target. :(

Just my 2 cents.
If you remember though, the only reason Sony could shut down WR was because they were using Sony's patcher. Everyone had to legitimatley OWN the software(minus the expansion packs) so they couldn't do anything about that. I see no reason why we have to use software we legally own on Sony's servers, I own Unreal Tournament for PC, do I have to play on multiplayer servers hosted by Epic Games, NO, instead I play on servers hosted by clans and individuals. The expansion part is Sony's own fault for letting anyone with EQ installed download them through the patcher, you can't use them on a Live server without purchasing it in some form, but you can still get the software.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefann
If you remember though, the only reason Sony could shut down WR was because they were using Sony's patcher. Everyone had to legitimatley OWN the software(minus the expansion packs) so they couldn't do anything about that. I see no reason why we have to use software we legally own on Sony's servers, I own Unreal Tournament for PC, do I have to play on multiplayer servers hosted by Epic Games, NO, instead I play on servers hosted by clans and individuals. The expansion part is Sony's own fault for letting anyone with EQ installed download them through the patcher, you can't use them on a Live server without purchasing it in some form, but you can still get the software.
hahahahaha

Nice to see the emulator bubble is intact and preserved by the usual lies.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefann
No it isn't. Even if WR had no patcher, they would have still cent a CnD and they would have still been shut down. Its Sony v. Tiny (relatively) Organization. Theres power in numbers, regardless of who is right.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.