Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Kode Black
Sarnak

Default Damned zone points!

I'm sure some of you have already realized that some of the zone lines are set client side (atleast I think thats the reason), thus when you change your database to reroute that zone_point to a destination of your choosing, it does not actually take effect. The values will change, but you will not see any difference in game.
For example, today I tried changing my Nektulos/Neriak zone to be Nektulos/Paludal... it has no effect in game, to make it even worse, when I tried to get rid of Nektulos as a backup plan and replace it with Faydark, Nektulos also can not be edited in the DB.

So, to get to my point. I try to create a NEW zone line. I log into the game, walk into the Neriak entrance, before the zone line but in the tunnel, I add this new zone line and reboot... no go.
I can't seem to get placed zone lines to work, I know some of you have managed this because I have seen talk of it... would you please be so kind as to elaborate?
I am entering them into the DB and seeing them there, just they are not working in game :(

Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

Zone line changing works perfectly fine on Winter's Roar.

You must be doing something wrong.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

what are you using to change these in the database? Mysql front or ?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Kode Black
Sarnak

Default .

Nope, just using commands in mysql
Old 07-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Kode Black
Sarnak

fyi, I am able to change some zone lines without error, the ones which prevent me from doing so are Qeynos area, Neriak area and I'm sure some others, it has to do with the way the game was made I think. About placing zones however, yes, I figure I must be doing something wrong. What it is, I do not know
Old 07-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Kode Black
Sarnak

I tried to use sql front for this now too, it just doesn't work. I have yet to be able to create a zone point and there are a number which can not be edited... by my anyway... through the DB.

EQAdmin doesn't seem to work either.