Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Default S3DSpy 1.0

Here is one of the goodies I mentioned in another forum post. This is basically a replacement for EQInside and uses all its own code for working with .S3D files. No EQInside DLL is required or used, and unlike EQInside the source code is included (though you'll have to learn Pascal to fully appreciate it :P). For those of you who have never used EQInside, think of this as WinZip for .S3D files -- it's a generic archive management program. You don't have to worry about file CRC's, and it has the additional feature of being able to view any texture file packed in an .S3D archive. You can either use the main menu or double-click on a texture file to view it. I'm not completely sure how useful this is to anyone (I hardly ever use it), but it's another example of how to work with S3D files (important for those writing a client) and I see no reason not to release it. I mainly wrote it because I'm something of a perfectionist and EQInside's shortcomings have always bothered me.

You can get S3DSpy 1.0 here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...0.zip?download

WC
Old 07-19-2004, 10:25 AM
daeken_bb
Discordant

Awesome!

Another great piece of software
For opening and reading S3D's, we have S3DTools, based off the EQClient/FreakU S3D reader, but for creating them, this _definitely_ beats EQInside.

Happy Hacking,
Lord Daeken M. BlackBlade
(Cody Brocious)

Check out my deviantART page at http://daeken.deviantart.com/
Old 07-19-2004, 10:37 AM
KhaN
Dragon

I wonder how many other usefull softwares WC is hiding in its pockets ...

Old 07-20-2004, 09:08 AM
sandy
Hill Giant

very nice =)