Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Sellrate

It appears that the sellrate change not only affected how much an item will sell back to an NPC for, but also, how much the NPC sells the item for. I don't think that was intentional, because price, CHA and faction should be the only factors into how much an NPC sells item for as far as I know. This seems to be throwing off the price of some items from merchants by an insane amount.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 AM
trevius
Developer

After looking at the source, it looks like sellrate is being used as a multiplier when calculating price. So, if you want everything to go back to normal (like before this change was made), you can just set all items to have a sellrate of 1, since multiplying by 1 is still the same number

Here is a simple SQL change to help with this:

Code:
update items set sellrate = 1;
I don't really know what the point of having it affect items price to buy from a merchant. It would just make things more confusing when you can simply adjust price to do that. I imagine that wasn't intentional though. It was probably only meant to affect how much merchants will buy items back at. But, it seems like certain items have completely wrong sell rates set. Augment Distillers (at least in my database) have a price of 1 and sellrate in the thousands. I am not really sure what the point of that is. Basically, all that does is set the price at whatever the sellrate is. So, if either field is set to 1, the other will set the exact price of the item.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

by logic it should be a % of a normal price.
so salerate=100 means - you get 100% of item price, while sellrate=0 would mean mean you get NOTHING

btw I like the devs to again consider the changes I proposed for the buyback system which was supose to address issue of extrimly short sell/buy range where your CHA ment almost nothing:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...t=25449&page=2
Old 02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Sellrate is correctly implemented. It is a multiplier to determine the price a NPC will sell an item for. (If this change has effected the price they buy for in any cases please let me know as that is not intentional.) Remember, to Sony the terms "buy" and "sell" are on the NPC, NOT the player.

For ages, the kids have been complaining on TGC that many tradeskill items are selling for way too low. Skilling up a tradeskill should cost you money, in these cases they were making money off of it, hand over fist. So, I took the list of the 103 items I compiled that had incorrect sell prices in-game when compared to Allah and EQTraders to determine what was wrong. I found in all 103 cases, I could get to the correct sell price by multiplying the price column by the sellrate column.

Trevius, Augment Distillers are correct now, they aren't supposed to all be 1cp In your case, the sellrate multiplier will increase them to their proper values. However, it seems Sony has gotten some smart and in the newest 13th floor database on PEQ, they lowered the sellrate to 1, and increased price to their proper cost for distillers. All they had to do was flip the columns of course. If you want to players to only get 1cp back when selling a distiller, then you should keep your DB. But, if you want players to get closer to the purchase price as it is now on Live, then you should upgrade your items table.

If you have an item that isn't selling for the correct price, please post it. But, I am certain we now have correct item prices on EQEmu.

Last edited by cavedude; 02-19-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Cavedude, did you by chance looked at the code I proposed while back to increase influence of CHA on prices? (link posted above) Its prabobly a bit obsolite now, but you should see general idea there.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'll play with it when I get home
Old 02-20-2009, 03:35 AM
trevius
Developer

Honestly, I wouldn't mind distillers being priced the way they are supposed to be, but they would have to work properly first. Maybe my DB is just way outdated, but almost every aug I have seen that lists a certain distiller to use is very inaccurate. It seems like most of them just require certain high distillers, but in almost every case, players have to test out multiple before the find the right one. And at the new prices, that is a bit steep for having to test :P

I dunno if it is my outdated items table that is wrong, or if the source doesn't support distilling very well. Either way, until then I will just keep them at a price of 0. Not to mention that a fair amount of the time, removing an aug causes a zone crash and loss of all items, lol.

I can understand the changes and it does seem that prices were corrected. But, it just seems like such a horrible way for SoE to do it lol. I mean, why would they want to make sell price have a multiplier? Rhetorical question btw lol. Anyway, this just really caught me off-guard and I figured others might want to know an easy solution. I had some epic quest related items that normally sell from 20k up to 1mill each for the highest one. All of those pieces were selling for 0. Needless to say, I had to just do an SQL query to remove all 129 of them from people's inventory. I only bothered with the 1mill cards, because the others were harder to tell if they might actually be legit or not, but getting free 1mill cards is a bit out of hand lol.