Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:57 AM
amos1978
Fire Beetle

Question Hello

I'm not usre if this is a good place to ask this question, and probably has been asked before, but I'm interested in starting my own server and would like to know where I can get the emu to try it out since ethernalquest seem to not work for me at all.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:43 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Exclamation

Well before people start dropping incendiary bombs on you, use the links off the main page (http://www.eqemulator.net) to get to sourceforge and then use the search feature of the forums in conjunction with the sites wiki to obtain tutorial info. if you are starting out with zero knowledge of the emu, do a lot of reading and trying before posting, it will be much less painful for you that way. There are people here who are VERY intolerant of others that refuse to search the forums for answers.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:07 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
There are people here who are VERY intolerant of others that refuse to search the forums for answers.
Who is the best intolerant ?

Man don't want search some docs when stupid guy can search for him and answer.
or
the man who flams people too lazy for read some guides ?

I think the two are intolerant.
But it's easy to understand why the second make that.

(And sorry for my very bad english).
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfedia
Man don't want search some docs when stupid guy can search for him and answer.
Yes, I would imagine that there are people who are lazy and just don't want to search the forums. Then there are those who made an honest mistake and just didn't think about looking around for an answer. I have just seen to many people get scorched for asking a simple question, and then they never come back. Some might argue as to the value of that person to the community, but I have seen more "technically brilliant people who lack common sense" than I can count. I feel that we should always welcome new people to the community, even if they are just players and not ServerOps or GMs or Questers or whatnot. One simple post to answer a simple question.
YES, its a question that is posted about a million billion times on the forums BUT if you make a post that calmly and nicely informs them about the resources available to them, then they usually take it to heart and search before asking any more questions.
Of course, if they disregard it and keep on posting without searching.... "Bombs away!"
Old 11-01-2005, 01:17 AM
amos1978
Fire Beetle

Unhappy sorry

Sorry if I sounded lazy its just I did several searches on these forums and couldnt find anything on just the emulatoer for downloading until I did some playing around with the keywords on what to search for til I found it. But thanks for your help on the subject and all cant help it if I'm an intellect and cant do things by myself.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos1978
Sorry if I sounded lazy its just I did several searches on these forums and couldnt find anything on just the emulatoer for downloading until I did some playing around with the keywords on what to search for til I found it. But thanks for your help on the subject and all cant help it if I'm an intellect and cant do things by myself.
Nope. Lazy is a trend. Accurate trending requires >=2 samples of data. All I was warning of was to not post silly questions without research first.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=88515
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 AM
amos1978
Fire Beetle

Talking thanks

Hey no problem I just hate getting told to do a search for something that isnt there unless you word it right. After I did do a 2 day extensive search for what I needed and found that I cant play until I find the right expansion to play it cause the current patch it void at playing 6.2 of the emu.