Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

Default New Guy

Hi I know this probably happens a lot but I'm just a new guy to the EQ Emu scene and wanted to say hi and ask a few questions.

I saw the "DO NOT PATCH" on the forum but I just re-installed EQ (after over a year of not having it on my computer) so is there any way I can get the working files or am I going to just have to update to the newest patch (which Im assuming it will do automatically) and wait for EQ Emu to catch up to it?

I'm a long time EQ player and gamer in general but I don't know very much at all about the real mechanics that go in to writing or working with these programs, technical jargon about Perl and CVS(Im clueless)

If I could get some replies or PMs about what to do I would REALLY appreciate it.

For anyone that can help me I thank you in advance, and even for those who can't help I'd like to once again say Hello !

~Rubu
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

The only thing to do is patch and wait. I believe Krusher's has the development build up that works with live, but im not positive. Asking For/Providing backpatches on the forums is against the rules.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

Okay I feel like a retard cause I know I must be doing something wrong here.

The game is installed, it's patched to 6.2 (that being the only thing I can patch it too)

I've changed the eqhost.txt file so that it has the right info in it.

I've made the Patchme shortcut and have it sitting neatly on my desktop.

EQ opens for me just fine, I've already got an LS account with name and password.

After I put that in however it just sticks at the "Logging in to server. please wait..." little bubble.

Am I doing anything wrong? I assumed that I would be playing Krusher for a while till the rest of the servers (the Legit ones, since thats what I want to play) catch up with the 6.2 patch.

I'm helpless and stupified, I need an adult! :]

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks ahead of time.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Make sure the # in eqhost is 5998 not 5994.
You should be able to see maybe 3 servers there at this time.. Krushers has been down for about a week or so..I hope something comes along soon.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

I was using 5994 which was my bad, so now I'm using 5998. It's still doing it, freezing at the Little server bubble.

Any ideas? Maybe something is installed wrong.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

I dont know then..If you have a shortcut from eqgame.exe/patchme argument in shortcut/5998 then you should see the servers.
I did copied/pasted my live eq folder a week or two ago and it worked fine.
I talked my Sister through it over the phone with no probs. So my only guess would be some kind of video problem(unlikely) or a router problem. Im pretty much a noob so maybe someone with a brain knows LOL.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

Maybe I should specify, the program isn't freezing, it's still running. But it just never seems to find the servers, bubble just stays there forever.

Anyone else got any ideas?
Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
computervirus04
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubulisk
Maybe I should specify, the program isn't freezing, it's still running. But it just never seems to find the servers, bubble just stays there forever.

Anyone else got any ideas?

yeah, im getting the same problem :/
Old 08-15-2005, 12:25 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by computervirus04
yeah, im getting the same problem :/
Both of you guys have the wrong client version is my guess.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

My client is whatever you'd have from installing EQ and patching it to 6.2 (patched yesterday) would have.

I've ran EQVerChecker and this is what it gives me :

Problem! EQVerCheck was unable to find a recognized version of EverQuest to match with a loginserver. This could be for a few reasons:
-- You have patched to live which has an incompatible version with EQEMu.
-- You have an unpatched or too old version of EverQuest that this program recognizes.
-- An error has occured reading the verison information file.
-- This program is too outdated to match this version of EverQuest with a loginserver.
Please report this on the EQEmulator forums with your SEQ number ( SEQ45867) and date you patched to live. ONLY report versions you KNOW to work with a version of EQEMulator.

Any ideas as to what I should do?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubulisk
My client is whatever you'd have from installing EQ and patching it to 6.2 (patched yesterday) would have.

I've ran EQVerChecker and this is what it gives me :

Problem! EQVerCheck was unable to find a recognized version of EverQuest to match with a loginserver. This could be for a few reasons:
-- You have patched to live which has an incompatible version with EQEMu.
-- You have an unpatched or too old version of EverQuest that this program recognizes.
-- An error has occured reading the verison information file.
-- This program is too outdated to match this version of EverQuest with a loginserver.
Please report this on the EQEmulator forums with your SEQ number ( SEQ45867) and date you patched to live. ONLY report versions you KNOW to work with a version of EQEMulator.

Any ideas as to what I should do?
Well it tells you the problem...
You have patched to live which has an incompatible version with EQEMu.
DO NOT PATCH - Latest EQ Patch Breaks EQEmulator.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

I've said right from the beginning that I had to patch to 6.2 and from what I've read here on the forums I should have atleast been able to play Krusher, how do I see that server? Is there something else I need to do?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Crabb
Fire Beetle

6.2 servers probably dont work with the current patch, on 8/11 sony threw out a new patch. 6.2 was for a patch from the middle of last month.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:48 AM
mystic414
Hill Giant

There was a patch put out just a few days ago that might actually break even 6.2. I haven't heard official word about that, but I'm guessing that's the problem. 6.2 is officially up-to-sometime-last-week compatible
Old 08-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

Well crap. :cry2:

I left that P o S Warcraft MMO a month or two ago and I should have just tried to get into EQ Emu then.
Guess I'll be waiting for a long while before someone comes out with a compatible live version again.