Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:12 PM
arto94
Fire Beetle

Default I've decided to start a server!

Allright, after seeing that 0 servers run EQ classis (UN modified), I want to start my own.

I want to raid nagafen in my full suit of lambent armor, or blackened iron, whatever the case may be. I want the HELL that was the original 3 continents.

However...

I don't know a lick of programming, nor do I want to learn. But if need be, I'll pick up some books.

Ugh. Anyway, can the EQ emulator, run the original classic EQ stuff "out of the box"? Or is programming experience required?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Good luck with your endeavor, may want to read this first though:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...6&page=1&pp=15
Old 12-13-2005, 03:44 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Default Welll

After all that if you still want to setup a classic server I would use this installer if you know nothing, it works well, it comes with cavedudes db which is good but missing loot.

Cavedude installer: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18934

I would say its a good way to familiarize yourself with the EMU. Before using this installer make sure to go to the wiki and setup your perl and mysql (underwindows 6.2 server) do not source your database tho as cavedudes installer sources his database.

Wiki: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

once you get an unserstanding you should be able to source your own database. As for books to buy from my limited experience I would say get a Mysql book, as it seems to be the way to make all the small mods (ie change mobs, items, spells, spawns, zone points).

Any other questions post back ))) and gluck.

P. S. I am in the process of setting up a semi classic server at the moment but I am probably still have over a month of tweeking / debuggng. I am hoping to have it up in about 2 weeks for testing then down again for 2-3 weeksish for final mods. It is going to be expansions up to Velious except there will be progression quests to enter some velious/kunark zones above the orgional expansion, and some of these zones will have some additional 1 group mobs with additonal loots(not 300hp gear, basically a set of class specific armour for each class)

Last edited by HurtinuDaily; 12-13-2005 at 02:28 PM..