Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-15-2004, 03:12 PM
edhelgohtar
Fire Beetle

Default Can't connect to servers

I can log in but any time I try to connect to a server I see the loading screen, but after it says it is done loading I get disconnected. I have looked for an answer but can't seem to find someone with the same problem. I would appreciate it if anyone can give suggestions or point me to a thread that would help me. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:20 AM
mikenune
Discordant

I haven't been involved with EQEMu for some time, so my advice may be outdated. . .

Usually when this happens, it means that you've patched to a version of the EQ Client that is so new that it no longer works with EQEMu (or you haven't patched in a long time and have one that's too old). The only way to get it to work is to "unpatch" to a version that works. Currently, this is the pre Sept. 14, 2004 version of the client.

And no, you can't get files from anyone here, so don't ask. It's illegal and can get you banned from the forums.
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:23 AM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Quote:
I can log in but any time I try to connect to a server I see the loading screen, but after it says it is done loading I get disconnected. I have looked for an answer but can't seem to find someone with the same problem. I would appreciate it if anyone can give suggestions or point me to a thread that would help me. Thanks in advance.
Read my post on what to include in reporting an error your having i dont have enough info to help atm.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:14 AM
edhelgohtar
Fire Beetle

Default My Bad

It turns out that once again the newbs can't follow directions. Apparently I didn't set it up the way I was supposed to and was just playing on a 30 day free trial. Connecting to eqemu now...so no worries.