Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 AM
ferrisssavior
Fire Beetle

Default Going LD

I have a problem with going Linkdead very often.

It doesn't matter what server, but it always happens. I have no problem playing on live, but EQemu doesn't like something.

I two box on the Come and Play server mostly and sometimes only one account will go LD, and sometimes both, or one will go LD and its almost done running down the bar and the other will go.

Is there anything that I can do or do I just have to bear with this? Everyone I've talked to says they never go LD so I'm stumped.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
techguy84
Discordant

You said you dont have this problem on LIVE right? How long ago was that, have you played live just recently and been fine, like right after you get a LD in EqEMU?

Sometimes, "people" will play live months ago and be fine, but since then, they have; Cleaned their computer off, added AV software, Switched to Wireless, Changed ISP's, Contracted a Virus or Spyware, ect.. you see where im going with this.

Not saying that is your fault, but if this may apply to you, it does the first step of problem solving, and thats eleminate varibles. If you load EQ up right now and can play for hours, but switch back to the emu and can play for 10 seconds, we know that the connection issue is not the client itself.

If you do play EQ right now, your not trying to play EQEmu with the same patched copy of Titanium are you...... nevermind that, of course your not.

Are you one a Wireless connection at anypoint, like wireless home netowrk, or wireless internet service (WiFi hotspots, Satellite Internet). Can you possibly make a full wired connection and see how things go.

Disable all AV, Firewall software on your computer and on your router, and on your Modem (if possible). Stop all possible interference from you and the rest of the world.

The first thing is to get it working right. Make mass changes to tons of things, write it all down, and when you finnally got it working right, go back and change stuff back to normal until you get the error back. Thats how I do it anyhow. Connection Difficulties are such a bitch at times though.

Hope this helps you out.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:59 PM
ferrisssavior
Fire Beetle

Usually I play live at the same time, because I like to be on and talk to people at the same time.

For instance I was playing on the Come and Play server, duoing in Unrest, and I was finishing a bard 1.5 fight for someone in my guild.

Frequently I just go LD.

No wireless connection, I'm wired.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Ok, have you tried to disable all firewalls and such between you and the internet. Remove all blocks and try to conect. Dont run like that forever though as you open your computer up to a world of pain.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrisssavior
Usually I play live at the same time, because I like to be on and talk to people at the same time.
Have you tried just logging onto an EQEmu server without being on live? Again, trying to narrow down the variable. Most people that you talk to on EQEmu servers that don't have problems with going LD, probably aren't logged into Live at the same time as EQEmu servers.

You also said that you duo on eqemu while you're raiding on live. Most people don't have a rig strong enough to run much more than 2 or 3 eq clients (it's pretty clunky). Also, make sure that you aren't running any apps in the background.

Make sure everything else is closed, then run one instance for a bit, if that's stable, open another one. If that's stable, open another one. If that's stable, then you know it's not an issue with performance or connectivity to the EQEmu servers.

After that, I would try to load an instance of live with all 3 eqemu sessions open. See if it kills one or two of eqemu sessions. If so, close everything out, open 1 eqemu session and 1 eqlive session see if that's stable. If so, then load a second eqemu session.

You need to find the exact point where it starts choking, then it will be easier to narrow down the root.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-29-2007, 07:30 AM
ferrisssavior
Fire Beetle

Usually I just log in to talk, dont even do much but I still LD with just EqEmu.

For instance, I got home today... decided to go play some and I logged on with my 25 druid and my 15 shadowknight, and went to Powerlevel the Shadowknight in unrest. about 10 minutes into it, both go LD.

I have firewalls disabled, Peerguardian off, and am not even running Live.

I can't figure out what this is. Maybe some ports that EqEmu uses? No clue though.

The weird thing is though, sometimes... its only one of the two games. Sometimes my shadowknight will LD, and not my druid, or vice versa. Last night I was duoing, and was playing Live. Only the druid went LD at one point, among other times.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Congdar
Developer

This may or may not help for you, but I found that the default settings for my nic were less than optimal and I was going LD or crashing every time I zoned. I hung out at the speed tests on dslreports.com and went through all of the nic settings on the properties->advanced tab and adjusted them one at a time and then did the speed test. This got me an increase in internet speed... went from 405/130 to 728/134 doing this. I'm paying for 768/128 so i'm doing well now.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Congdar
Developer

I have to say that I didn't play eqemu after getting my speed up but now that I have... I am going linkdead in the middle of fights where before I would just drop during zoning. Not sure what's up. I deleted and had windows redetect and install my nic fresh and I still have the same LD issue. It is always about the same amount of time online maybe 10 minutes and then crash to the desktop just standing there. Is DDOS attacks the culprit? Dunno but it seems like it. I also received a message from norton blocking a trojan when logging into eqemu. I wonder what's up.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 AM
kerh
Fire Beetle

Bump! Same problem, anyone figured it out?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
provocating
Demi-God

To verify it is not your internet provider, or something on your router install Ping for Life and ping multiple servers. Things that report back pings like dyndns.org or maybe google.com. I would even add the server you are attaching to if you know the actual address. You see where I am going with this ?

If you get bumped out of game, simply look back at Ping for Life and see if there are patches of red on the ping replies.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:07 AM
kerh
Fire Beetle

Downloaded the program and pinged Google. I had contact all the time while i LDd 5 times.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 AM
trevius
Developer

Are you on a specific server when you have the issue? This thread is 5 years old, so I assume your issue isn't exactly the same as they were reporting. You definitely shouldn't be going LD on all servers regularly unless you have an issue on your end.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Wow, I did not see he brought back a 5 year old thread.

Holy resurrections !
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM
kerh
Fire Beetle

Only Emu servers, doesnt matter which one im on. Yesterday i played all day long without any LDs. No other game, including Sony's EQ, kicks me out :/
Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 AM
provocating
Demi-God

So are you saying you played on an EqEmu server all day yesterday and did not get kicked out? You did not state what you had played all day.