Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Raptor
Fire Beetle

Default Mini-Login Server

Ahh, great work!

I think you wont release the source, but could you please compile it for Linux too?

... wait... I cant use it, right? It's for localhost only.... AAAAArgh

:(
Old 01-22-2002, 09:04 PM
n00b8472
Sarnak

It's not hard coded for localhost only.. I ran it just fine with my 2 machine setup, one as client, the other as server. All ya gotta do is define in db.ini and loginserver.ini where your server files are.

As for EQ files you need only spdat.eff I believe.. just put it in the same directory as your world and zone servers. (mind you, I haven't tried it on Linux since I can't get the damn source compiled :( )
Old 01-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Raptor
Fire Beetle

thx, got it all working (couldnt login yet, since eqw is crashing (under win server, too :/ ))

all servers (world, zone, login, chat) are compiling and running fine for me now under linux.

well, i copied the spell.eff, because the win version needs it to, but how does the zone server know about the zone data?
Old 01-22-2002, 09:52 PM
n00b8472
Sarnak

Well.. the way I see it, all the zone server really does is tell your client to load the zone files.. and since the zone files are on your client machine they're not needed on the server.

Oh and you don't really need to use EQW.. I gave up on that since it kept crashing and I just run eqgame.exe patchme instead.

btw which Linux distribution?

<-- Slackware 8.0
Old 01-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Raptor
Fire Beetle

Yes, noticed that too with eqw thanks

I use SuSE 7.3, but that shouldn't matter.

Anyway, the setup of the Login/Chat server seems to be a lil bit complicated, now I understand that there's no support
Old 01-22-2002, 10:33 PM
n00b8472
Sarnak

Oh and could you throw me some info on getting the servers compiled? Mine keeps choking on some undefined 'hex' in member function 'bool CEQPacketManager::ProcessPacket(CEQPacket*, bool)' and I have no clue what this means or what causes it. Got a clue?