Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:53 AM
seh1635
Fire Beetle

Default Elevator in Paineel

Question,

The elevator in Paineel isn't working, does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work?

On EQLive when you have the key and click on the rock in the front, the elvator operates. When I do this now, it doesn't.

Cause You're crunchy and taste good with ketchup......
Old 07-07-2003, 03:43 PM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

after using the door and doorupdate from the 4.4 zip, i like the idea of using books and stones for portals. one thing i noticed is that my rock and elevator for paineel had poofed. any ideas on how i might get them back, i tried about everything i could think of. any help would be appreciated. ty.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:47 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Sadly while 2 of the lifts in gfaydark work, I have been unable to alter the height of the 'orc' lift. I have likewise been unable to get any other lift to actually work :( I havn't looked at the code at all, but susspect that it was hacked to work and no one looked into it further.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:17 PM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

i actually had all three elevators working in gfay and the one in paineel. with the way the axis was set up in the 4.4 DoorUpdate.sql my previous doors wont work with this set up, i assume that this was done to be compatible with the pok books and stones. i did notice the coords the doors.sql /4.4emu are stretched out but within the same area as my old doors, but not sure what file this doors file sources to show the stone or the elevator? is this the objects file or/ table? if so there are no objects in my table objects for paineel. might be my problem. i have chosen to keep the new layout for now (one bad lift in gfay and no elevator in paineel) vs. having the books and stones working. im not at all a programmer, but i have been finding ways to alter the files and get what i want done on my server. quest, soulbinders, translocators. pok stones , books (the ones that work) and zone mostly all go to the right places. im just confused at what actually is in the emu files that is conflicting with what i can change in my database to be compatable. if i come to a dead end, i imagine i can dump the account/character info, source my old database and try to work the stones and books into that. (if its possible to do that with my old setup) back to not knowing whats in the emu files that would prevent this from working or prevent my quests, soulbinders, and translocators from working. or is it a matter of using the 4.3 emu vs. the 4.4 emu. well i guess i really dont know much about what im talking about hehe. im tired and just want to get the elevator in paineel back up again and i will be happy with that thanks for the reply though, seems threads that have to do with my problems are looked at many times, yet either no one wants to take the time to post, or they are in the same boat i am . good luck to all of you. and great work on the emu in general.

ServerOp
Cannon's Fury [LEGIT] Server
Old 07-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

cannonalldex:

I would like to look over the doors table you have that you had a working paineel elevator in. I tried to enable one in a doors table I posted in another thread and it wasn't working there or a few in other zones. Like I said, just the 3 in gfaydark, and the orc lift only went part way up. Regardless of the value I put for lift height, all 3 always went the same height up.

Of course the code could just be broken, but that is a guess.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

well i got the (so called third) elevator going all the way up again, which makes all three working properly, i did get the stones and the elevator back in paineel, the elevator is "say" 180 degrees off and doesnt go up and down, but the rocks do turn hehe. im getting there, just too tired to continue this evening, have to work in 4 hours :(. and for the complete working elevator in paineel, it is in another database that i have (in my list of many backup databases that i will dig up and pull for you. good night and peace.

zzzzzzzz zzzz

Update: ok so i couldnt sleep, funny how the little things just bug the sh*t out of you.

Conclusion: it has something to do with the way the emu 4.4 is handling the triggers. i put my 4.3 EMuShareMem.dll, world.exe and zone.exe (dont think this one matters, but not positive) and viola, paineel elevator working again. I try putting back in the 4.4 world.exe and zone.exe only and no good. boot5zones wont boot up.

I went from elevator not working, 180 degrees off, to an elevator in the right place not working, to an invisible elevator, to an elevator that wanted to port me when i clicked on it, to a working elevator hehe, its time for a nap, work in three hours, seriously sleeping this time.. good luck, will continue this tomorrow. anyone feel free to clue me in before i spent another day beating myself up

zzzz

Update: (Day 3) hehe.

Another bit of info that may help out, I have the lifts in Gfay all working properly, all the way up all the way down. I have the elevator in paineel without stones. using the 4.4 setup. i put my world.exe zone.exe and emusharemem.dll from version 4.3 in binary folder, and i have a working elevator, but the third lift in gfay goes half way up. seems to me there is a cross reference contradiction here. not sure, just thought i would let you know, im still working on the issue and i will have all three lifts and the elevator working before im done.

Back at it, just wanted to ask, who's idea to put PALIFTs in Paineel and FAELEVATORS in gfay, seems to me this should of been the other way around,while pok used pokelevator? oh well, just needed a break from the doors. cya

p.s. after viewing a doors file with all of the elevators and lifts working, set at 0 liftheight, i am convinced that the lift heights for the elevators and lifts are hard coded into the emulator. with 4.4 , 1. no lift height value set for paineel elevator
2. all lifts in gfay were set to the same height, which leaves the orc lift short of its destination.

does anyone that is using 4.4 have a working elevator in paineel and or all three lifts working properly in gfay?