Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Silentmassacre
Fire Beetle

Default Cant Log in

So i changed my host file to any setting available, restarted, my connection is fine. Cant seem to log in. I changed my password too. Nada. Its not even checking for my password since I get the same error message stating the connection to the server cannon be reached, regardless of any password I type.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Fire Beetle

I am having a similar issue, though I did not change my host file (or anything else for that matter).

For almost a month now I have been unable to get to the server select screen, receiving the "connection to the server could not be reached" message every time. Usually try several times each day, and the result is the same no matter which account I try logging in to.

UF client, and my host file is set to 5999. Passwords have not been changed, connection is stable, and was previously able to log in from my location.

Anyone have any ideas? Let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers,

[00 Bard] Aquos of the Ocean <Slumber Party> - Irreverent Server
Old 04-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Uleat
Developer

Have you tried both 'login' and 'login2' as mentioned in this post? http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37978

Make sure that your port is set to 5998 for Ti/SoF or 5999 for SoD/UF/RoF.

Try that and report back.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Fire Beetle

Solved.

My eqhost.txt file didn't have the "login." prefix, which was obviously what was causing the problems (I assume that requirement is a new addition?).

Was getting worried that the issue was because of my location in China, but alas, it was something much simpler to solve.

Thank you very much Uleat.

Kind Regards,

[00 Bard] Aquos of the Ocean <Slumber Party> - Irreverent Server