Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:35 AM
songie
Sarnak

Default EQ-Heroes (Alpha)

Hey, pretty much first time i post here but waited long enough to put it out on the forum and stop lurking.

I am currently, like so many others working on a server at the moment it's hosted on a dedicated 2.4 Ghz duo core with 3GB of ram and a 100mbit connection running windows 2003 Server.

Ive not had allot of pre-experiance making a gameworld, but i do have 17'ish years worth of pen and paper GM'ing under my belt for content creation.

ok so here go's,

The server will be mainly pve until lvl 55 anyone doing the lvl 55 quest for either the Hero or Shadow side will be flagged for pvp, but until then no ganking the lowbees.

Three Factions:
The Heroes:
The main good guys faction, their veteran rewards favor Health, AC and regeneration and in that aspect they make for very strong melee fighters. The Epic 51+ quest line is about becomming the main Hero of the server and is limited to the 4 people that complete it first. Upon completing it at lvl 60 they recieve the title "The Hero" and hero equipment.

The Shadows:
These are your normal villains, their veteran rewards favor Mana, Special Spells and mana regeneration and in that aspect they make for very good casters or great hybrids. Their Epic 51+ quest line is all about becomming this server main villains and the first 4 Villains to complete it recieve the title The Shadow and their own Raidzone with themselves being the bosses and there very own(ed) Cursed weapons.

The Centurions:
These are a neutral faction, their veteran rewards contain both heroes and villain equipment and they do not have an epic quest line to complete, most likely the better choice for dual boxed characters.

Other Server Featueres:
Multi account up to 3 characters
Normal XP gain: No 5x easy mode, sorry
Double AAXP gain: Ok ok, maybe a litle easier
Max lvl 51 trough normal xp means: from here on out it's questlines or raids to get that lvl up
All Expansions enabled: but with a catch being lvl 51 max will pose problems to those who venture out of classic and so equipment and AAxp becomes that more important.
Custom Legendary, Fabled, Mythical equipment to offset lvl penalties
Unique single drops and powerfull Cursed items
All level restrictions disabled on equipment
Every Named has 900+ custom item drops in their loot tables (no diablo stuff) (Working on this atm)
Veteran Point system, the longer you are active on the server the more powerfull you will become, rivaling the power of raidbosses over time.
lvl 51 starts the Epic questline, and is the only way to reach lvl 80
lvl 55 quest that enables you to pvp against the ones who also did this quest or gang upon a Veteran player with raid powers

and last but not least, the Epic Quests won't have a linear path to them, they will have multiple choices and it will affect their outcome depending on your choices. And yes you can fuck them up, Epic-ly as what happens most of the time when players try something in pen and paper RPG's.

The new tutorial has for an example 4 diffrent endings. (you will know that you screwed yourself out of 3 possible endings when you recieve the Quest, "Only one choice left...." wich isn't exactly a choice anymore at that point.

As a note, i won't be going for fancy webpages, all custom UI content etc but i will be going for a more classic EQ feel with that powerfull Hero/Villain type outlook trough enhanced items, spells and a pretty engaging storyline that will pull across Norrath starting at lvl 51.

Oh and no it's not going to be easy

Currently i got a simple webpage up at www.eq.cobra-games.com (used my pen and paper domain to host the site under a subdomain) and for those who wish can try it out by downloading the patches on the download page. But for the moment i am leaving it on my private login server as there are to many things not finished yet but for those who do like it already, there won't be any wipes when it go's live on the login server here. Only a little xp modifier bonus.

Anyways, hope to see some to try it out
Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 AM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Seems like a very cool idea. With a large community, this could really work well.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM
songie
Sarnak

Small update went in today, also the server is now connected to the EQemulator loginserver

Update 28 March 2010
Fixed Bots and various Database errors
Maximum 5 Bots summonable per player
Added Rare spellcast Gems to named mobs in Befallen (Currently the gems are not used yet, but will be used for classless spells)
Added Souls to Named mobs in befallen
Added Legendary and fabled versions of Gossamer Robe, Thaurmatist Robe, Dagger of Marnek to befallen
Added Legendary and Fabled version of the Bone Bladed Claymore to Befallen
Added an Ancient and Cursed version as well while i was at it
Added Warior starter dual wield weapons (Blade of Stratagy and Tactics)
Added Monk dualwield weapons to tutorial
Added an entry level 20 Group Boss to East Commons, look for The Shadow Captain (Drops the Tutorial Gear in case you missed it, and some extra's)
Fixed Magician to also recieve his starter gear
Fixed Magician Epic to not use charges, also fixed the Legendary and Fabled version aswell
Talked it over with the Freeport Militia not to give new Heroes porting into freeport such a rough time, especially Ogre, Trolls and Iksar
Tyenye in the tutorial now gives everyone all their skills set at 10 points
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Befallen Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Runnyeye Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Najena Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Crushbone Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Upper Guk Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Estate of Unrest Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Permafrost Named mobs
Added some Custom Legendary items to the High Keep Named npc's that already dropped loot before, nothing on the guards though
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Solusek Eye Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Nagafen's Lair Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Cazic Thule Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Hole Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Mistmoore Named mobs
Added 110 Custom Legendary items to the Dagnors Couldron Named mobs
Increased dynamic zones from 5 to 10 to check server stability
Added Dagnors Couldron, commons, east commons, freeport East, North , West, Greater faydark, Lesser Faydark, Nexus and Plane of Knowledge to Static zones
for checking server stability and decreasing load times when zoning between them
Enabled the Patcher function for easy updating, you may Turn on the patcher and add these setting under options
Updatehost : www.patch.cobra-games.com / Updatefolder : Patch / Version : 0.81
The Veteran is now up in Plane of Knowledge, seek him out for Veteran Rewards, during the Alpha fase i will let him sell his tokens for appreciation of testing the server. During beta phase he will work per normal rules (Molds will be added next patch)
Old 04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
supahsen
Sarnak

Ehh... Server down..? Is this just temporary? I hope so.. havin fun..=x

And this servers pretty fun guys.. dont let the 1x xp scare ya too bad.. it sucks a little but you get good gear to make it go fast. by time you farm out the starter zone youve probably got 1-2k hp, 50%haste and good weapons
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
songie
Sarnak

Just updating the server, but its taking a bit longer then i wanted it to :p
Old 04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Ceezer
Fire Beetle

I'll check it out this evening (server still appears to be down at the moment), but I have a question about bots since I've never played with them before (I'm new to EQEMU). Is it like GuildWars, where you can hire (or summon, in this case) people to fill out the team/group? Are they controlled like pets or do they have their own AI?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
songie
Sarnak

Ive never played guildwars but yeah you summon the bots and they have their own AI.

Uploading patch atm, server wont be down for long anymore.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM
songie
Sarnak

Server down for updating and fixing stuff
Old 04-09-2010, 07:38 AM
songie
Sarnak

Server has been updated, it now has all the classic dungeons revamped and allot more custom loot drops then before (read all dungeons) and its running 83 static zones

Check it out
Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Darksole03
Fire Beetle

Default what

What happened to the website? I was trying to get to the forums that you guys had.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:19 PM
songie
Sarnak

Forum is still up here http://eqemu.freeforums.org/ , but site is currently down as we will be moving soon to the the new website (http://www.eqc.xonos.net/)

Arch
Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
songie
Sarnak

New Website is up www.eq-heroes.com thanks to RichardoX, website functionality will be added as we go.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:42 AM
songie
Sarnak

Update 18-04-2010
Updated The Plane of Fear with +-400 Legendary/Fabled/Mythical drops as the first changed raid zone
Added the Six Shadowlords Raid Tier 1 (lvl 50-55 3 Day respawn) to the Classic zones
Changed teleporting out of the Tutorial to the Plane of Knowledge instead of freeport and Commonlands
Added an NPC to tutorial that allows you to port out and finish the tutorial quest, don't forget to pickup your gear first from Bork Axehandle first

More to come soon
Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
mrfix186
Fire Beetle

Is it still setup to where you need to CR your corpse?

If so Fear will be interesting x.x
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
songie
Sarnak

Fear should normally require a corps recovery if you happen to croack in there unless there are other means for it that came after planes of power and that i am unaware off. zones after classic will be locked soon and will open depending who controls them either Heroes or Shadows (pve related control) so even if you can use after pop stuff now it won't work as we move further in development of the server.