Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Sephian5535
Fire Beetle

Default no level command =(

I noticed NONE of the new EQemu servers with the new eqhost address I tried have the #level 65 command. Part of the reason I moved to EQemu from the real EQ is because after getting to level 54 on my Iksar monk it got to a point where it took a month per level to level...really annoying got tired of grinding and levelling. So If one of you could be so kind as to give me the old host address, I think I'll just play on the old ones where you could warp to 65 and deathmatch each other in the arenas and kill things in plane of time like it was nothing.

I don't have the time to level anymore anyway because I have a job and am in college, so...I just can't go it the regular leveling way.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
from the real EQ is because after getting to level 54 on my Iksar monk it got to a point where it took a month per level to level...
sorry to hear this, you must have been playing 5 min sessions at max for it to take you a month to get from 54 to 55.

to answer your question, or rather more your remark, not all servers support the #level funtion, becuase it is not a legit feature, if you try the BW server, (one of the only non legit servers still standing) they have complete access to almost all the commands on the server minus the server op ones. you will very soon find out, that playing on a non-legit server can get boring after a few days because there is no challange to it, on top of that you will find that playing "death match" with people will not last long, on non-legit servers such as BW you have access to the #kill command, which instantly kills your target whether it be player or npc, or even the #damage command which does damage equal to what you specify, so you never know if they are cheating or not as long as they use lower dmgs. plus you can summon any item in game... etc.. so what your looking for is available but trust me you would do better to play on a legit or custom legit server, most of thier xp tables are set at 3x anyway, so you don't need to worry about it much, plus most people who play on the eqemu servers are nice and will help you out.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 06-11-2004, 03:18 PM
animepimp
Dragon

Your wanting a non legit server which tons of people want to play on but almost no one wants to run because its a huge hassle and no matter how many commands you give people they always want even more, like one onlegit shut down because everyone had access to everything except like shut down server and people wouldn't stop complaining they couldn't use that. I've never seen a nonlegit server last more than a couple weeks because everyone gets bored of them and then bombards the server op with complaints for new stuff to entertain them for another hour.

You should try legit servers, the xp is a lot faster than on EQ live, I got to level 130 on Scorpious2k and it took a long time becuase i spent lots of time messing around and getting 350 AAs when they still worked, but all in all i probably spent only about 80 hours of actual leveling to get to level 130 which is double the max on most servers and on live. And its much more fun and rewarding. But if you really want to level fast, on semi legit servers you can hit level 65 in maybe 6 hours.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Sephian5535
Fire Beetle

Default thanks, i'll try BW

I'll try the BW then, although I have no idea what BW abbreviates I'll look for what server that stands for. As for getting bored I won't have enough time to get bored. As I mentioned before I don't have much time to play nowadays, which is why it began to take over a month per level, plus the fact that I was an Iksar didn't help much.

I like it with the level command simply because It's much more fair in the Arena too, rather than how good you do depending on how much time you've wasted on a character, just depends on game knowledge, in this sense it's much more fair rather than the usual "haha, I'm level 50, I can own your level 10 @$$" I'm sorry but I always thought that stuff like that was rediculous, especially since some of us actually have a job and other things we have to tend to so we don't have time to level as fast. That 80 hours that you mentioned before doesn't exactly come as easily to me as it probably does to you.

Gotta run before the boss sees I'm on a message board instead of doing my job, laters.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Charmy
Discordant

Quote:
I'll try the BW then, although I have no idea what BW abbreviates
I said BW because every time i type their name i mispell it, and i make an ass of myself. i think its Bryden Weyr, or somthing similar

Quote:
That 80 hours that you mentioned before doesn't exactly come as easily to me as it probably does to you.
Your probably right.

Quote:
I'm level 50, I can own your level 10 @$$" I'm sorry but I always thought that stuff like that was rediculous
yea but i bet once you hit 50 you wandered into PC and showed everyone that you were lvl 50... everyone does it once....

Quote:
I like it with the level command simply because It's much more fair in the Arena too, rather than how good you do depending on how much time you've wasted on a character
well.. like i said before you get access to the #SI command so... everyone is usually fully time/GoD equiped anyway, and plus you don't need to be in the arena on an non-legit server, you have access to the almighty #pvp command, which lets you put #pvp on, on someone who isn't even wanting to fight, and then you can just kill them, so in a sense it isn't fair how you look at it.

on a final note the BW server has a locked 10 allowed people at one time, which is 90% of the time filled up, my honest suggestion to you would be to download the source code, compile it and run your own non-legit server, trust me you are no the only person out there who likes non-legit servers, if you have a decent conenction (over 256kbps DSL) then you will get people to play on your server with you, and you can make sure they don't have access to the Kill and damage commands so you can have honest fights. other than that, its going to be difficult to find a server wher eyou will have a character who stays alive for a long time becuase most non-legits only keep their servers up for a few days before they realize they are wasting bandwith.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com