Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Unusual Lag

On my computer, I often two box, but for some reason i can't in newer zones. In zones like Velketor's Labyrinth I was playing 3 characters at one with no lag at all, but in zones DoDH+ I lag horribly if i play 2 people. The zones will run fine with just one, but if I log another person in, it will be so laggy I can hardly move. Does anyone know a reason for this or how I can fix it?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

some newer zones have a higher requirement for graphics because they're fancier looking, also some zones that have a lot of environment stuff will do it too, like a lot of trees etc, try turning down your graphics options / far clip
Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default More info

I thought maybe some more information might help. I have all old models on, and I have textures set to low. I couldn't possibly lower the graphics options anymore.I am also using wireless internet, which could probably have some effect on it.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

either graphics card issues or RAM issues
Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Can you tell me which one I should upgrade? I have 1 gig of RAM and a NVDIA GeForce 6150 LE with 256 MB of memory on it. Which one do I probably need to upgrade
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
Can you tell me which one I should upgrade? I have 1 gig of RAM and a NVDIA GeForce 6150 LE with 256 MB of memory on it. Which one do I probably need to upgrade
I'm a Computer Tech and i would say upgrade the Memory first for faster computer , 256 Memory is ok for Video Card make sure you have turned off Texture Commpresion if this still reamins a problem goto OptionsEditor.exe change settings..

Without known what your cpu is Memory upgrade is better makes the computer run faster. Video is just going to speed up you Video it's vary hard to see the changes.. 512 to 1 Gig Video card will server you well after the Memory Upgrade.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Didn't work

Well I feel stupid. I went out and spent 50 dollars on RAM and it made no difference at all. That definitely wasn't why I lag in new zones.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Based on your setup, you need to play with drivers to get it running smoothly since EQ seems to be cranky with some drivers. However, the issue you're experiencing is common. Also, some of those settings can be harmful in the EQ options. When I used to box 4+ characters on one machine a few years back when memory/gpu power was nonexistant, I turned the draw distance all down to almost nothing except for my main character and never had performance issues. I would at least recommend trying that to see how it affects performance.

I just bought 2gb of corsair's extreme line for $5 on Newegg. I don't even have a computer to it into but memory is never a waste!