Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
DancingEskimo
Fire Beetle

Default I went to the darkside for a bit of investigation.....

Ok well as the subject states it I went over to the darkside to check out how these people are hacking EQEmu. But anyways one thing I have noticed a lot of is everything is very client side and not enough server side. :cry:

Thinking maybe EQEmu should be redone .... I DONT MEAN COMPLETELY REDONE! Keep the flames away they burn. But some of the stuff needs to be removed from the client side and placed on the server side of things. And I do have a bit of information on how they are doing these Nodrop hacks so I guess Admins and Devs just PM me if you want to know how they are doing it and I will be very glad to tell you I dont like see'ing these people on Guild Wars running around in uber equipment at lvl 10.

Nor do I want to see this happening on my upcoming server. I do want to hear what all of you Devs have to say about this though so I guess I am open to the burning hot flames.

And if you already know this then you are far ahead of me as usual but if you dont then I did something for the help of the project and go me!

http://incarnssuffering.myfreebb.com Forum for my server (Incarn's Suffering Server). The server is currently under construction but the forum is open for any ideas and opinions you may have.

ServerOP for Incarn's Suffering Server
Old 04-17-2004, 03:25 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Its pretty much impossible for us to move things from client to server side, because Sony controls the client. They decide how much is done on the client and what is sent to the server. All we can do is know what goes in and out of the server and decide how to process it.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:38 AM
Xabob
Discordant

Yes and what do you mean darkside?

Far as i know the best EQhacking site shutdown

I miss it.....
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Old 04-19-2004, 04:59 PM
DancingEskimo
Fire Beetle

Default New one.

Nope there is a new one out. I dont remember where though.

http://incarnssuffering.myfreebb.com Forum for my server (Incarn's Suffering Server). The server is currently under construction but the forum is open for any ideas and opinions you may have.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:32 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

If you guys are talking about forever hack, its back and actually there are 2 of them lol. I don't know why they split don't want to

As for those exploits (plat/item dupping, starting stat buffing, no-drop bug, etc) I am pretty sure most of them were fixed a long time ago as I remember reading the logs. You have to understand that people on those boards will post an exploitable bug and make people try to believe it still works even though it has already been fixed. It kinda makes EQEmu look like some sort of joke software, but oh well the real community knows the truth about us
Old 04-23-2004, 01:15 AM
vzmule
Fire Beetle

I encourage my members not to hack emus....It's just lame.

animepimp is right btw. The majority of things that are clientside hackable are beyond our control because they are hardcoded into the client itself. Movement and a number of other things are 100% client side and beyond our control. We could add a serverside delta check for speed hacking, but do you have time to code it? I don't.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:09 AM
DancingEskimo
Fire Beetle

Default I'll admit

I personally do not know how to code. I was just forwarding what I had found out about the hacks basically poking my head out for it to get shot off. So flame me if you want that I am saying all this should be done and I dont know how to do any of it myself.

But there was something about pausing the outgoing information with the ingoing data still coming in allowing anything happening to them to become paused basically while they can still run around, and as soon as they let the outgoing data free it resumes and they are where they ran on there computer. Allowing them to get farther away from mobs/players without them being able to do anything about it.

I came up with an idea for that though. Put some netcode into the zone.exe that will stop sending outgooing data to the client (Just ping data to try to reopen the connection) and not allow the client to give the zone.exe the paused data by making it reject it because of it not checking through with the ping operations.

(I am tired and at school in a hurry so it doesnt make sense, I will work on it later)