Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 AM
FlitTastic
Sarnak

Default Spell Learning

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it looks like the closest thing im going to get. lol. Im wondering if its possible to edit classes so that they can use things that normally wouldnt be available to them, such as a ranger learning the full line of druid spells. I tried doing something like this last night using openspell but wasnt able to scribe the spell, and got the message: "your class can NEVER use this spell". Any help? Or am I trying to do something that isnt possible? Thank you.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

i havent cruised through the spell code in a while, but i'd guess several things might be at play here.

the server has its own copy of spells_us.txt, as well as the client. and the server also has some hardwired restrictions (i.e. you would have to change source code and recompile in order for monks to make poison, etc.). not sure what kind of checks are in place for scribing spells, but for a first pass, make sure your custom spell_us.txt file is on both the server and the client.

== stanton
Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
FlitTastic
Sarnak

Ok, I copied the spell files, after editing them, from the eqemu folder into the everquest folder. My ranger can now learn any spell I want him to (did the necro spell call of bones and boom, my ranger turned into a skelly. lmao). Im just going to have to remember to copy the spell files into the eq folder after editing them. Thank you so very very much for the advice : ) : )
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
sfisque
Hill Giant

npnp. enjoy!