Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Synch
Sarnak

Default Item Augmentation

A friend and I were discussing EQEMu today and he was inquiring about how far along the emulator had come. I told him quite a ways and started listing the stuff we could do on the emu.

Eventually he brought up augmentation, and asked me if I knew what needed to be done to implement it. I told him I wasn't sure. He piqued my curiosity.

What needs to be done to implement augmentation? Is it a matter of writing up quest stuff to do the augs or something deeper in the item code? I haven't played EQLive in about five years so the whole augmentation thing is still sorta fuzzy for me. I'm not sure how it's done in EQLive, I think if I was I'd have a better idea of what needs to be done to put it in the emulator. I'm not looking for a super involved answer since I imagine the devs don't have time for that sort of thing, just a general overview.

What needs to be done? Thanks for considering my question. =)
Old 12-24-2003, 03:44 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

I think you need to packetcollect someone using an augment successfully a bunch of times.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:59 PM
kathgar
Discordant

It shouldn't require any itemcode changes as they were rewritten with them in mind. However, as guest said we don't have logs of people putting augs in items and whatever afiak
Old 12-25-2003, 05:38 AM
Synch
Sarnak

Alright then. I'll convince my friend to fire up PacketCollecter and start augmenting some things. =)

Easier said than done, of course.