Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-25-2003, 09:24 PM
DaDruid
Fire Beetle

Default Rerun Update Patch

Havn't seen this problem posted anywhere.
Once I get to the Everquest login screen, the server is not locked. So I go to play Everquest and get the 1017 error saying I need to rerun update.
I'm running XP, last patched in Jan., using EQw 2.32, EQEmu 4.2, no errors while starting various programs except for the time failed.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:44 PM
syntoad
Fire Beetle

Did you patch using the EqEmu patcher? try that first, and then check to see if you are getting any errors from zone.exe or world.exe, sometimes this can be that you are using a username/password that is not in the database. (EqEmu doesn't check this until you connect to the server if you are using minilogin)
Old 02-26-2003, 12:34 AM
DaDruid
Fire Beetle

Default update

Downloaded and installed EQemu Patcher. When I run the patcher, I get and error - Can't find patcher.dat. Tried running it before starting each program and still same error.
I get the same 1017 error from my user/password and eqemu user/password. Server not locked on either.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Parn12
Fire Beetle

I am also have somewhat of the same problem, when i run my patcher now, it cant find the dat file. not sure why, all i did was defrag my puter, which i have done before with the patcher on my puter. any idea why it cant see the dat file, i installed the pather into my file the correct way and everything. i was just playin yesterday, now it doesnt work! ........................
Old 02-26-2003, 02:58 PM
IAleowen
Fire Beetle

Check your patcher.txt file or somthing, you will see that the eqemu patcher server is timing out, but giving you a message that thinks you are missing a file, when it is the patcher that is broke.

This is happing to a whole lot of folks, and they have yet to say a peep about it.