Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Default SoF Client questions

Ok, so I got my server running and everything looks great on the new client... except the new zones seem to be empty. I'm guessing that the PEQ database has old npc's and pathing in it?

Are there any other details I might be missing if I try to run with SoF? and are they explained in one easy to access area?

Thank you,
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
trevius
Developer

As far as development for the client goes, you can follow this thread for details of issues and such that are documented:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429

If you are referring to empty new zones and meaning the zones that replaced the old versions, the answer is that the server still sees the zones as the old version. If you want to use the old version, you could still copy the old files from a Titanium client into your SoF folder. If you want to use the new versions, I think other than the freeport zones, you would need to wait for Azone to be updated so we can generate new .map files for the new zones. Otherwise, you can't cast on targets and mobs won't aggro even if they are KoS unless you actually hit them (because they can't see you - no LoS). If new .map files could be generated, you could then just remove the pathing grids, and use #spawnfix to fix spawn locations, since they would all be wrong for the new zone versions. Then, you would need to redo the pathing from scratch and also add in doors and objects manually.

None of the zones later than Titanium have been populated in the PEQ database, so all SoF zones are empty unless you populate them yourself for now. Andrew80k has been doing some work on getting the EQLive packet collector tools working again, though. Once he gets that done, people can start collecting data from the new zones, and that will make populating all of the new zones MUCH easier and faster. Until those tools are working, the new SoF content is probably more for custom servers than anything, since we can put whatever we want in them without having to try to mimic live. If you want to see a couple of the new SoF zones populated with custom content, you can check out the 2 we have open on Storm Haven. Just create a new character while using the SoF client and you will start in Crescent Reach. And from there, you can zone to Takish Ruins, which is the zone I am currently working on and is coming along nicely.

Last edited by trevius; 07-29-2009 at 02:44 AM..
Old 07-29-2009, 06:23 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok, I missunderstood. I thought it was ok to use either. I'll reinstall Titanium on my client system and have a look around. I'm bringing my server back online and I decided to just go with the PEQ setup rather than update my old database.

Thank you,
Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
trevius
Developer

It is ok to use either client. There are just a few differences between them when dealing with certain zones. Zones like South Ro, Oasis, Commonlands, and a few others have been revamped, so if you plan to use the zones that have been revamped, the best route is probably to copy over the zone file (.s3d) for each of those zones from your Titanium installation. If you aren't using those old world zones at all, then there isn't much need to worry about it. Other than that, all other zones should be just fine. Only some of the original EQ zones were revamped, nothing past that first release was touched.

Welcome back, BTW, hayward6!