Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Database Editing?

Hey all. I'm brand new to this and I just got my own server up and running yesterday.

I've been searching Google and the EQEmu forums, but I can't seem to find any directions for how to actually open up my database to edit it. I installed my server using Akkadius's Windows Installer.

I found one post about PEQ, but the links inside of it are dead. Can someone point me in the right direction? How do I open the database to edit things?

Thank you.

I've tried using MySQL Workbench, but it seems to be incompatible. It loads the server, but I can't see any of the code for the assets. (Or I'm doing something wrong.)
Old 09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

MariaDB should install HeidiSQL.

You can use that to manually edit database values.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-04-2016, 06:20 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
MariaDB should install HeidiSQL.

You can use that to manually edit database values.
Okay, I think I'm on the right track. I find the HeidiSQL program and opened the database. I can't find where you edit the actual code though. I can browse through the database and find tables, but I'm missing what I need to do in order to edit the code of the stuff in the tables.

Specifically, I'm trying to edit the codes listed in this post: https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40139

I'd like to make another race capable of being a beastlord and assign a warder to that race. This is what I'm looking at... Maybe I'm not in the right part of the Editor?

http://www.starwarsbeyond.com/nsg/wp.../beastlord.png
Old 09-05-2016, 05:09 AM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Okay... So I've spent hours now dabbling and it seems like the answer to what I want to do is inside of pets.cpp... (Every archived post about beastlord pets seems to mention it.) But how do I find and edit this file? I've tried searching every drive on my computer and can't even locate it.

I thought I'd found it, but turns out that was pets.idb :(
Old 09-05-2016, 09:32 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

pets.cpp is a source code file. The source code and the database are two seperate things.
The source code is used to compile the binaries (executables) that you use to launch the
server.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

The pets.cpp is inside the zone folder which in turn, is located in the source folder. I am not sure but I don't think the folder exists when you use the windows installer to setup the server. If it is there and you are using an npc model that is not already used by one of the other pets, then you have to add that model# in the file pets.h as well. Then the source had to be recompiled which is a whole other process. I will look around later to see if I have the original write up on how I did mine.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:39 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Thanks for all the replies! I stayed up all night trying to figure stuff out with the coding. (Thanks for the holiday weekend...) After messing around quite a bit, I'm afraid I broke my server PC beyond immediate repair. I was having all kinds of MySQL database errors and I couldn't even connect to a server anymore.

I ended up figuring out that Akkadius' installer was a "Lite" version of EQEmu in some regards. I tried switching to the full server version after I'd already installed that one and... Issues galore.

As I type this, my computer is in the process of reinstalling Windows 10. Then I'm going to give this another go. lol.