Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Ashey
Fire Beetle

Default Do not patch....til when?

Just wondering if theres any idea on when emu will be caught up with live and for those who are just getting into emu can play?
Old 06-22-2005, 02:09 PM
mrea
Discordant

From the looks of it it could be fairly soon. 6.1 DR2 is apparently live compatible but very, very buggy. However, in the future you should not ask questions like this as the Devs/Moderators may ban you.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

She shouldn't be banned for asking that question since it has nothing to do with asking for warez. All she asked is "when" and not how. Perfectly legal.

6.1DR2 is supposedly Live compatible to my knowledge, although I can't find anything where the devs have confirmed this, so don't take it as fact. I haven't really heard anything but bugs from people on the forums about it, though, and that is to be expected since anyone without bugs would be playing and not posting about how much they love 6.1DR2. =P

Only one person has compiled and released it and that release was supposedly buggy as far as Perl goes, but the Non-Perl version worked fine apparently. I believe it was Cavedude that released that he couldn't figure out which version of the client the DR2 release used, but I haven't heard back since on whether it is actually live compatible or pre 5/11 compatible.

In short, it could be soon or it could be a while. Just watch the forums and you'll know the moment that we're Live compatible. =)
Old 06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
mrea
Discordant

Quote:
She shouldn't be banned for asking that question since it has nothing to do with asking for warez. All she asked is "when" and not how. Perfectly legal.
I thought there was a rule about asking for when it was going to be live compatible. And there was, I believe. However it doesn't appear to exist anymore, but I was simply warning her. : )

Old 06-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Hehe, probably because it's an irritating question for people. =P hehe