Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Submissions

Tutorials::Submissions Submit your tutorials here to be reviewed

Old 09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Post How To Setup A 6.2 Server

added to wiki
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows6

can't get the name the way i wish so i gave up on it.

Last edited by tallerin; 09-17-2005 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: added to wiki
Old 09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
nrellihan
Fire Beetle

worked, everything up and connected but was getting a 1017 when trying to connect to my own server
Old 09-13-2005, 01:15 AM
rednckcowby
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot connect to own private server

I have everything the way it is supposed to be running but when I go to run eq and login it just hangs at logging into server. I dont even get to the server select screen!

I think it is something in my computer blocking me from it but I have no idea what it might be.

Any suggestions?

Red
Old 09-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednckcowby
I have everything the way it is supposed to be running but when I go to run eq and login it just hangs at logging into server. I dont even get to the server select screen!

I think it is something in my computer blocking me from it but I have no idea what it might be.

Any suggestions?

Red
Post your eqhost.ini, loginserver.ini and any error messages that appear in world.exe and zone.exe windows and people will be able to help you better.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:05 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrellihan
worked, everything up and connected but was getting a 1017 when trying to connect to my own server
make sure you added these to your Database for minilogin if there not in there then that could give you the 1017.

Code:
INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server :)'); 

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('USERNAME_HERE',250,'127.0.0.1');
Old 09-13-2005, 03:39 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednckcowby

Any suggestions?

Red
make sure you take the opcodes.conf that came with minilogin and copy those opcodes to your main opcodes.conf in eqemu directory. I just checked if they are not added to your opcode.conf eq hangs at the connecting to server please wait.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
platothepenguin
Fire Beetle

Followed the instructions, but I'm getting an error 127- LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed to attach to a function. Anyone have an idea on what's wrong?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by platothepenguin
Followed the instructions, but I'm getting an error 127- LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed to attach to a function. Anyone have an idea on what's wrong?
not sure why your getting that issue unless you are trying to use zoneperl,zonedebug,worlddebug ect. right now for the time being you can only use the zone and world from the eqemu fix.so you would extract emusharemem.dll , opcodes.conf, from the sourceforge binaries and extract the zone , world from the eqemufix put them all into one folder.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Koshoji
Sarnak

Default opcodes.conf

What program are we supposed to use to edit a .conf file, notepad or some other text editor, or a special program designed especialy for .conf files?

T.y.i.a.

Koshoji

edit--> Nevermind. Now that I know a bit more about CVS I see that it is the program that I was asking about. Woot!

Last edited by Koshoji; 09-16-2005 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

please stop posting this sort of thing on the forums... this is what the wiki is for.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:44 PM
tallerin
Hill Giant

then just remove this from the forum i do not know how to submit things to this wiki or what ever it is. if it is not whanted here then remove it. maybe the tutorial sections should be removed.

also I don't plan on finding the time to mess with the wiki and figure it out. it was posted here cause well this is a tutorial section. also if your scold one scold the other that submitted one today for linux server setup.

Last edited by tallerin; 09-15-2005 at 11:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2005, 03:16 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

I think fathernitwit might be having a bad day, seems the last 4 posts i just read are on the grumpy side .....

wiki is here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/ though i've only been there once myself....

vRandom
Old 09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I suggest one solution ?

Tutorial for wiki are post here,
And the wiki manager paste it (when it is correct) to wiki and lock the thread here ? you need also lock all the old tutorial forum
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:47 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

that is completely against the point of having the wiki... the point is that it is a USER EDITABLE form of documentation, which does not get crowded with a bunch of posts like this one that detract from the real information... its not that hard people
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Ok !!! i don't know wiki is user editable, that good news
All just need to read wiki documentation and make your tutorial
that very good !!!
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.