Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Default Boxing Server?

Greetings,

Hoping to get some information about a good server to box on.

I played on SoA for awhile, and really liked the extremely fast-paced xp(making the server more about the gear grind was enjoyable).

After that I did a long stint on Sony's Mac server, grew a crew of 30 + level 65s all with 200 + aa. Was a ton of work considering it's all legit - was considering playing on EqTitan but after realizing it would be a grind like Al'Kabor again I don't think I want to.

I'm wondering if there is anything out there right now like the SoA model, fast paced xp with simple flagging(i.e. kill a boss for each tier to move up)?

I know THF and EZ are probably the two closest to that model.

Can anyone briefly give me a better picture of THF and EZ Server's flagging system, xp, etc?

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmannen View Post
Greetings,

Hoping to get some information about a good server to box on.

I played on SoA for awhile, and really liked the extremely fast-paced xp(making the server more about the gear grind was enjoyable).

After that I did a long stint on Sony's Mac server, grew a crew of 30 + level 65s all with 200 + aa. Was a ton of work considering it's all legit - was considering playing on EqTitan but after realizing it would be a grind like Al'Kabor again I don't think I want to.

I'm wondering if there is anything out there right now like the SoA model, fast paced xp with simple flagging(i.e. kill a boss for each tier to move up)?

I know THF and EZ are probably the two closest to that model.

Can anyone briefly give me a better picture of THF and EZ Server's flagging system, xp, etc?

Thanks!
THF is probably closest in terms of simplicity - you kill a boss, get flagged in some way, and move to the next 'tier'.

EZ isn't as simple; you have a chestpiece to upgrade to unlock new areas, epics to do inbetween (which are tier-specific), and have lots of options for making your character stronger.

Arguably, I prefer EZ - but it's a personal preference, and I recommend starting a 6-box army on each server to see which one you like.

If you're looking for linear progression, though, either server works great.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Davood
Discordant

mercs
bots
and as much boxing as you can handle is allowed on alakamin

also i have some pretty unique character customization i haven't heard anyone else using to the degree that I have.. make a char and explore the guild hall to find out.

there is one thing that isn't obvious from your potential guild hall exploration:

gods and worshippers - at tier 15 you can start becoming a "god" and develop abilities to grant to worshippers.. you can join a players religion if they spawn an avatar somewhere.. there are benefits associated with both including spell like abilities

all of it server side, no download needed to make it work.

there are 30 tiers right now. i haven't added any in over 10 months.. when I have time again I will bring that number up to 60 or 70, i have 95% of it done (spawns, loots, pathing etc for hundreds of zones), I just have to write the quests and verify the spawns and abilities for the bosses.

essentially its a crazy over the top munchkin dungeon crawl