Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-20-2024, 04:37 PM
schuckenstein
Fire Beetle

Arrow A Randomized Loot Server [Classic Progression][Free Trade, Boxing]

INTRODUCTION

After playing the first week of Teek launch I really wanted an open-box alternative with the same ruleset (like I'm sure a lot of people on this forum). I love classic EQ, I love to box, and random loot is a lot of fun but unfortunately, DPG will never give us an open box server so I decided to look around on EQEMU and there wasn't really anything similar on there either. Like many others before me, I decided to put on my beginner dev pants, install the EQEMU server, and try to make something that resembled what I was looking for. Just so we are clear, I started this not knowing anything about SQL, Perl, Lua, or EQEMU servers in general, and after probably 100+ hours of trial and error, searching the internet, looking at other people's Perl and Lua scripts, reading a lot of Red Guides & EqEmulator.org forum posts I can say I am pretty happy with how the below server has turned out. The only thing that is missing at this point is more people to play with/trade with so if you're looking for a randomized loot progression server come check us out!

SERVER INFO

Welcome to A Randomized Loot Server [Classic Progression][Free Trade, Boxing]. This server is mostly a legit classic progression server with a few custom features. Below you will find the feature list and more information about the server mechanics. After reading if you feel like this server is your cup of tea then check out ⁠Discord and either download the customized ROF2 client or if you already have a CLEAN copy of ROF2 you can get a patcher there (credit to FVProject) which will get your client pretty close (If you use the patcher you'll still need to download the old skeleton, wolf, and elemental models + classic spell icons).

SERVER FEATURES
  • Classic era EQ (Current Expansion: Classic, Pre-Kunark)
  • Classic zones (Freeport, Nektulos, Lavastorm, etc.)
  • Old NPC models (Skeletons, Wolves, Elementals, Orcs, etc.)
  • Classic spells and skills.
  • No drop & Lore tags have been removed from items.
  • No loot drop on death. A corpse is still left for Rez.
  • Bind anywhere.
  • Modified Exp rate. Slower than the default EQEMU rate but not p99 slow.
  • Open box with no IP limit. MQ2 allowed just no active hacks.
  • Randomized loot drops.
  • Special improved chase versions of items.
  • Dedicated server with 32 GB RAM and 1Gbps down/up internet.

MORE INFO ON RANDOMIZED LOOT

Similar to Mischief and Teek servers most of the named mobs on this server will drop randomized bucket loot. The loot buckets are in level ranges (1-10, 11-15, 16-20, etc.) and are separated by expansion. Classic will drop Classic loot, Kunark mobs will drop Kunark loot. A spreadsheet with loot breakdown can be found HERE. (Credit to Bobbybick who did the Mischief/Teek Spreadsheet)

MORE INFO ON SPECIAL IMPROVED CHASE ITEMS

There's nothing like camping for loot and then finding that ultra-rare item that not everyone has. On this server, there is a chance to get just that with improved versions (Exquisite & Flawless) of every item dropped in the game. Exquisite items have 20% increased stats at a 4% drop rate and Flawless has 40% increased stats at a 2% drop rate. These items can only be found on the named mobs that drop randomized loot.

Tags
classic, classic eq, progression, randomized loot, server