Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

View Poll Results: Do you love my EQ2
Yes 8 22.22%
No 22 61.11%
I wanna make Sweat Sweat Love to it 2 5.56%
He He Im with it right now 1 2.78%
I cry until the day i can play it 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Zavier101
Fire Beetle

Default I wanna Play EQ2 NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going Crazy ive been lookin at EQ 2 stuff for the past 3 days and i wanna play it now not later but now. I cant stop thinking about it its really bad cant eat nor sleep kinda like being in love thats it im in love with EQ 2 *sigh* COME TO ME MY LOVE.......
Old 07-14-2004, 02:01 PM
mattmeck

WOW > EQ2

SOE has already stated there considering the selling of items and in game cash for real money.... No thanks, there also going to have "special" zones for people who have an active EQ and EQ2 accounts.........

that and EQ2 is still going to be run by retarted SOE
Old 07-14-2004, 02:05 PM
fenixe172
Fire Beetle

I'm more of an eye candy person...EQ2 defenetaly is just that. I was going to be hardcore WoW but once I started playing the beta some, I changed my mind. I'm defenetaly waiting for EQ2's release.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Farrenz
Hill Giant

/agree matt
Old 07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

EQ2 is going to be a very, very shitty game.

With EQ, at least they had a good foundation to fuck up. Here, they're design a new game altogether!
Old 07-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Charmy
Discordant

I fear eq2 will be like FFX-2 turned out to be, i admit i enjoyed looking at 3 girls kill baddies all the time, while i get to control their every move, but it didn't take away from the fact it was based on an old game story, and that in itself took away from the cool factor.. and from what i have heard eq2 was based on the story that that sleeper got loose and destroyed 99% of norrath, and took out luclin completely, however.... it would seem back in march or so, i don't remember when really, a sever wide message went out saying with the efforts of 3 guilds on RZ, (and several zergish deaths) the sleeper was taken out, i wish i could have seen the expression on the face of who ever heads up game development, "oh shit there goes our story for our next money mooching game". they should have done with EQ2 what they did with previous FF games, drop old characters and make new storylines, new classes, new etc... (Yes i know eq has alot of D&D in it and thats hard to change, hell its hard to change the basic fantasy foudation when it comes to it, but they could have atleast perhaps changed it so that classes are more true to their "Fantasy" roles. What i mean is, *Calls upon the D&D nerd within..Sigh* Wizards are not in anyway sorcerers, EQ leads you to believe this, Wizards are not born with thier abiltiy, they use books etc... Sorcerers are born with the innate ability to call upon their gift and use it as such, they don't need books to direct them. Now yes i admit this gives sorcerers more power in appearence, however thats where rules come in, and where SOE decided to merge the two under the common wizard title. But this still doesn't mean they couldn't have changed somthing yes? i guess.. hell i don't know)

I guess the fact is they have worked the past 5 years working this story and it has survived very well up until now, and 90% of those who play eqlive today won't mind the same story, they will probably like it, but the other 10% will not like living a new world that is really just the same as the one just go through living. EQ2 will be as was said earlier --

Quote:
I'm more of an eye candy person...EQ2 defenetaly is just that
And with it being that i suppose that alot of people will still enjoy it. as much as alot of people did FFXI, which was basicly an eq clone with candy buttons. (God i hope FFXII is better).

in conclusion, it is of my professional jewish opinion, that what eq lacks today, eq2 will lack 10 fold.

--candy rots your teeth my friends.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 07-14-2004, 03:41 PM
fenixe172
Fire Beetle

Well, I like EQ. I just dont like what they did with it. EQ2 will be the same type of game as EQ. IMO WoW is a different type of game. EQ2 will be a fresh start and they know what they did wrong and what the people like and want.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:49 PM
fenixe172
Fire Beetle

FFXI never caught my eye. Just watching my friend playing it I never wanted to even try the game. The character customization nor the gfx was too good. And like I said in my above post, EQ2 will give them a clean slate. They know what people want and they know what the game lacks.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Charmy
Discordant

You forget fenixe, 90% of the people on eqlive DID like what they did, infact they loved it, why do you think its still so damn popular? the same mistakes will be made, becuase they make money =P. This game isn't made to make people happy, its made to make money, lol half of the people who play it have lost friends, or such becuase of eq. i even remember reading a story about a lady who left her baby in the car while she stopped at home to "check in" with her eq friends, and forgot about the baby... the result? the baby died from heat exhaustion. This game wasn't created because the GM's enjoyed hearing people bitch all day, they wanted to make money. =P if something has legitly worked in the past why change it? Notice i said legitly, the dog bites you once shame on the dog, the dog bites you twice shame on you. (don't know what i mean? i mean that if you rob someone it works once, i suggest you change your tactics, it won't work again) now back to the topic.

The storyline has kept the game alive in the past, why change it? people love eq, hell starcraft a game that went out of style two years ago, still has a HUGE active player database, eq will probably remain the same. most of the high end guilds will sell out or just quit, those who sell will fill the old servers with people who don't know what they are doing, and will have characters they just occasionally log into, but there will be others who are just now in the mid part or lower part of the eq world who will remain on eq for a good long time until they reach what guild like A..err i don't remember the name it started with an A, they were basicly the first guild to read the highest parts of the game first... or so it is said, anyway they will have long since filled the guild bank with time and GOD gear that is of no use, and will move on, but others will stay and live to reach the 700th AA.

And besides i am sure that SoE will keep some of the old eq devs working with EQ and making new expansions, eventually having the max level be 100 and finally they will give up lol.
Any Other Questions, please refer to the Following:
http://iliilllli1.netfirms.com
Old 07-14-2004, 04:07 PM
fenixe172
Fire Beetle

I never played for a storyline, and you cant judge the level of hardcore of a person or grp of people ot the game. I played EQ to be good and kick other people asses. Getting on to the next thing is that everyone that played EQ is looking at what EQ doesnt have and looking at the things they dont like about it. Start looking about what it has or what its adding, start looking at the good things about it.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:42 PM
meeble
Sarnak

Quote:
Do you love my EQ2?
Okay, that just sounds rude. What the hell is your EQ2?

LOL! Anyway, yes, I for one am very much looking forward to EQ2! I absolutely cannot wait. It seems to be shaping up to be quite RP orientated, which is the kind of thing I like! And then there's the amazing graphics aspect of it too, of course! Ooh, I can't wait.
Moopy.nu : Personal website, very boring!
ToastyHost.com : Affordable quality web hosting, with oodles of features!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:25 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

It's going to be a worse stinking pile of crap than the first one turned into.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:29 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
guild like A..err i don't remember the name it started with an A,
Afterlife -- www.afterlifeguild.org
Old 07-16-2004, 06:24 PM
aendaar
Sarnak

EQ2 > WoW

i would fight for a WoW beta account, i will never buy the game though

i would KILL for an EQ2 beta account, i will KILL to get a copy of it.. and i will KILL to get a computer that can run it..

im not into WoWs style, they are going for a very linear game...i dont like linear...i like nonlinear..like SWG, where you start with one profession and leave the game in a completely different one..

swg > all currently released MMOGs

EQ2 > all..period....

warcraft belongs as an RTS, and as anything else..im really not interested..

thats another reason i dont like WoW..they fucked over the RTS series for the sake of the MMOG, and i dislike that...alot, but not so much i dont want in the beta i will never buy the game though...ever..
Old 07-16-2004, 08:56 PM
bbum
Banned

just so you know... john smedly ,and brad mcquaid before he left for sigil, and bill trost and like the whole eq team like john blakley and andy sites and many other nameless people we dont kno all went to work on eq2 after kunark was relased, .. and the eqlive team developed all expansions since they left ..

and who compared eq2 to ffx-2 lol, worst comparison evar. and for those who dont kno.. ffxi is the closest remake of eq released since eq.. it was good.

and im not playing eq2 for gfx 1 bit.. the char models are UGLY .. gfx definatly arnt why im playing

although, I am a bit disapointed they didnt go for EQ V0.2, and went in a whole new direction, (the shattered lands, the wars, the cataclysyms, 500 years in the future) but who knows maybe they got it right and exploring the new norrath will be fun, they obvioiusly arnt showing us crap, i could count the number of zones theyve shown us on my hands